The purpose of this highly immersive, two-day course is to help students to understand the principles of Agile and in particular, Scrum. They will work in teams to produce a piece of work over a series of sprints. In addition to understanding the rules of Scrum, the team will also appreciate how Scrum can be blended with other complementary practices such as Kanban. Students will experience the value of cross-functional teams and the benefits that Agile frameworks such as Scrum provide.
This course is suitable for anyone with no prior knowledge of Agile who is considering, evaluating or involved in a move towards working in (or with) an agile team.
Pre Course Reading
As a result of participating in the course, delegates will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is Agile?
- What are the benefits of using Agile?
- What are the values and principals of Agile?
- What is Scrum?
- What are the Scrum events, roles, artifacts and values?
- What is Kanban?
- How do Scrum and Kanban differ?
- Can agile teams use a combination of agile frameworks and methods?
- How can agile teams estimate effectively?
- Self organising teams
- Sprint one
- Fundamentals of Agile
- Scrum fundamentals
- Sprint two
- Understanding Scrum
- Sprint three
- Planning and estimation
- Sprint four
- Complementary practices