Microsoft Windows 8.1 is the latest version of the Windows Operating System. It builds upon existing Windows features as well as offering new ways of organising documents and working with applications. The new, more fluid interface is designed to run on a range of hardware, from touch-enabled tablets and laptops to PCs.
This course is intended for existing Windows XP users migrating to the Windows 8.1 environment.
- Before attending this course, delegates should be existing Windows users who will be required to use Microsoft Windows 8.1.
- Delegates should be able to use a keyboard and mouse and be able to navigate the Windows XP operating system including using Windows Explorer.
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Log on to and navigate the Windows 8.1 environment
- Explore the new Start screen features
- Work with files and folders
- Work with applications
- Browse the internet with Internet Explorer 11
- Use Touch to interact with Windows 8.1 (Optional)
Introducing Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Overview of Windows 8.1
- Welcome Screen
- Ease of Access Options
- Logging on
- Locking the Computer
Explore the New Features in the Windows 8.1 Environment
- Explore the Start Screen
- Use the Charms
- Log Off and Shutdown Options
- Working with Apps
- The Desktop as an App
Work with Files and Folders
- Windows Explorer and the Contextual Ribbon
- Work with Libraries
- Search Options
Browsing the Internet with Internet Explorer 11
- The New Internet Explorer Interface
- Tabbed Browsing
- Manage Favourites
Windows 8.1 and Touch (Optional)
- Overview of Touch Capabilities
- Use Touch to Work with Windows