After experiencing what can be achieved with CSS, you may be curious how grid layouts are implemented at scale. Bootstrap is a popular, open-source front-end component library for building responsive, mobile-first websites.
The course introduces you to the most common and widely used features of Bootstrap to help you quickly turn your good-looking website into a great-looking responsive website!
The course is aimed at anyone who has been charged with setting up a website or developing web content who want to extend their knowledge and skillset to include one of the most popular web toolkits.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what Bootstrap is and how it is applied
- Use Bootstrap classes to produce a grid layout
- Style text and images using Bootstrap
- Use lists and tables with Bootstrap
- Create navigation components using Bootstrap
- To be able to create and style forms using Bootstrap
- To be able to use different Bootstrap specific components to enhance websites
The course will be delivered through instructor-led sessions, supported by short exercises. Your learning will be augmented through a ‘Hackathon’ to bring together the skills, techniques and knowledge - and use basic Agile methodology.
- What is Bootstrap?
- Why use Bootstrap?
- How to get Bootstrap
- Basic Bootstrap pages
- Text and Background Colours
Bootstrap Tables And Lists
- Table basics
- Table formatting
- Table interactivity
- Responsive tables
Bootstrap Buttons and Navigation
- Button Groups
- Navigation menus
- Tabs and Pills
- Navigation bars
- Stacked and inline forms
- Inputs and input groups
- Custom forms
Add Bootstrap styling and components to a website for a given set of user stories using the skills, techniques and knowledge gained during the course.