In this five-day course, you learn about the advanced VMware Workspace ONE use cases and integrations.
The course also addresses the industry standard authentication protocol and technologies that can be integrated with Workspace ONE. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you identify and configure various authentication methods and scenarios, integrations with third-party solutions and identity providers, advanced Workspace ONE component configurations, and both VMware Carbon Black and VMware Horizon ® configurations. Also, the principles of advanced identity, endpoint security, and access management are addressed throughout the course.
You will leave the training empowered with the professional-level skills and knowledge needed to effectively implement the advanced Workspace ONE integrations to bring your Digital Workspace implementation to the next level.
This course requires completion of one of the following set of courses: Workspace ONE:
- Deploy and Manage OR VMware Workspace ONE: Skills for Unified Endpoint Management
- VMware Workspace ONE: Integrating the Digital Workspace
Delegates will learn how to
- Outline and describe the authentication methods supported by VMware Workspace ONE Access(formerly known as VMware Identity Manager™)
- Summarize how to use Kerberos and SAML authentication protocols in Workspace ONE
- Explain application single sign-on (SSO)
- Outline Office 365 and Azure AD integration with Workspace ONE
- Summarize Okta integration and Workspace ONE
- Access as an IdP Outline the benefits of AD FS and PING integration
- Explain the purpose of identity bridging and IdP chaining
- Compare and contrast traditional versus modern PC Lifecycle Management
- Integrate VMware Horizon with Workspace ONE Access
- Describe the benefits of implementing VMware Workspace Security™
1 Course Introduction Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Authentication Method Deep Dive
- Outline the authentication methods supported by Workspace ONE
- Describe the workflow of:
- Password Authentication
- SAML Authentication
- OAuth2.0 Authentication
- OpenID Connect Authentication
- WS-Fed Authentication
- Certificate Authentication
- Kerberos Authentication
- Multifactor Authentication
3 Mobile Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Describe the benefits of using Mobile SSO
- Outline the workflow of iOS and AndroidMobile SSO
- Configure Mobile SSO for iOS native applications
- Configure Mobile SSO for Android native applications
4 Single Sign-On for Applications
- Summarize the application SSO workflows
- Configure web application SSO with SAML protocol
- Configure web application SSO with OpenID Connect protocol
5 Azure AD and Office 365 Integration
- Describe the benefits of configuring Azure AD and Office 365 SSO with Workspace ONE
- Outline the use cases of integrating Azure AD with Workspace ONE
- Outline the steps of configuring Office 365 SSO with Workspace ONE Access
- Outline the steps of integrating Azure AD with Workspace ONE UEM
- Outline the steps of configuring and managing VMware Horizon® Cloud ServiceTM on Microsoft Azure
6 Integration with Okta
- Describe the benefits of integrating Okta with Workspace ONE
- Summarize the Okta Integration options when Okta is configured as the identity provider and service provider
- Outline the workflow of Okta integration for various use cases
- Outline the steps of configuring Okta integration for various use cases
- Complete various Okta integration settings in the Workspace ONE console and Okta console
7 Additional 3rd Party IdP Integration
- Summarize the benefits of integrating with AD FS and PING as 3rd party identity providers
- Outline the steps of integrating with AD FS and PING
- Configure a 3rd party identity provider in the Workspace ONE Access console
- Configure authentication methods for the integrated 3rd party identity providers
- Modify access policies to accommodate the integrated 3rd party identity providers
8 Advanced Configurations
- Identify advanced Workspace ONE use cases
- Describe the workflow of UAG identity bridging
- Outline the steps of incorporating IP restrictions into Conditional Access
- Describe the workflow of identity provider chaining
9 Workspace ONE AirLift
- Outline the difference between traditional PCLM with Modern PCLM
- Describe the co-management phases in a modern PCLM transformation
- Summarize the benefits of using VMware Workspace ONE® AirLift™
- Outline the steps of Workspace ONE AirLift deployment and first-time configuration
- Map a collection from SCCM to a smart group in Workspace ONE UEM
- Export supported Win32 applications from SCCM to Workspace ONE UEM
- Use the activity log and dashboard to troubleshoot basic issues
10 VMware Horizon Recognize the features and benefits of VMware Horizon
- Describe the conceptual and logical architecture of VMware Horizon
- Define a use case for your virtual desktop and application infrastructure
- Convert customer requirements to use-case attributes
11 Workspace ONE Intelligence Advanced
- Outline the VMware Workspace ONE® Trust Network partners
- Describe the benefits of integrating with Workspace ONE Trust Network partners
- Outline common and complex Workspace ONE Intelligence use cases
- Create various dashboards in Workspace ONE
- Intelligence to monitor the entire device lifecycle Integrate VMware Workspace ONE® Intelligence™ with Workspace ONE Trust Network solution providers
12 Integrating with VMware Carbon Black
- Outline the main features of VMware Carbon Black
- Describe the benefits of using VMware Carbon Black Navigate the VMware Carbon Black Cloud™ console
- Outline the features of VMware Carbon Black Defense
- Outline the features of VMware Carbon Black LiveOps Deploy sensors to endpoints
- View and manage alerts in the VMware Carbon Black console
- Integrate VMware Carbon Black with Workspace ONE Intelligence
- Use VMware Carbon Black data for analysis and automation
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.