Customers demand a scalable, secure, and manageable VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud®. To deliver a successful solution you must understand VMware SD-WAN architecture, know how the features can solve customer use cases, and be able to design a VMware SD-WAN that can be easily deployed, managed, and expanded.
Delegates will learn how to
- Explain VMware SD-WAN architecture
- Outline VMware SD-WAN key components
- Discuss various Managed Service Provider (MSP) use cases and deployment options
- Deploy VMware SD-WAN Gateway, and VMware SD-WAN Edge
- Manage VMware SD-WAN Cloud VPN
- Design VMware SD-WAN for performance and scalability
- Configure the Partner Gateway handoff
- Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2.Architecture and Core Features
- Evaluate the current state of the enterprise WAN and limitations for growth
- Describe the key components and features of the VMware SD-WAN architecture
- Explain VMware SD-WAN component placement and interactions between components
- List VMware SD-WAN core value differentiators
- Describe VMware SD-WAN core features
- Evaluate the effect of VMware SD-WAN differentiators on a SD-WAN site deployment
3.VMware SD-WAN MSP use Cases, Deployment Models, and License Models
- Compare VMware SD-WAN use cases
- List VMware SD-WAN deployment models
- Describe each VMware SD-WAN license model
4.Zero Touch Provisioning
- Provision VMware SD-WAN Edges
- Describe the workflow of a VMware SD-WAN Edge activation.
- Provision a VMware SD-WAN Virtual Edge on VMware ESXi™
5.VMware SD-WAN Cloud VPN
- Configure the VMware SD-WAN Cloud VPN
- Consider the availability settings when deploying a Cloud VPN
- Describe the packet flow in a Cloud VPN
6.Routing and Branch Design
- Control SD-WAN overlay and underlay route advertisement
- Overlay flow control
- Describe best practices when designing VMware SD-WAN with BGP
- Evaluate branch design options
7.VMware SD-WAN Security
- Explain VMware SD-WAN security architecture
- Describe VMware SD-WAN Edge security capabilities
8.High Availability Designs
- Distinguish between Standard and Enhanced High Availability (HA) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
9.Designing for Performance and Scale
- List the SD-WAN factors that influence scalability and performance
- Describe VMware SD-WAN Edge Clustering
10.Standing up a Partner Gateway
- Describe VMware SD-WAN Gateway functionality and roles
- Provision a VMware SD-WAN Gateway from VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator
- Demonstrate the procedure to install a VMware SD-WAN Gateway on ESXi
- Describe how BGP works together with a Partner Gateway hand-off
11.MSP Operations and Version Management
- Identify the appropriate documentation
- Demonstrate account management
- Describe the VMware SD-WAN upgrade sequence
- Demonstrate a VMware SD-WAN Edge and VMware SD-WAN Gateway upgrade
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.