This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware® Enterprise PKS 1.5 (a purpose-built container solution to operationalize Kubernetes for multicloud enterprises and service providers). VMware Enterprise PKS significantly simplifies the deployment and management of Kubernetes clusters with Day 1 and Day 2 operations support. This course prepares you to install and administer a VMware Enterprise PKS environment for an organization of any size.
This class requires understanding the concepts and topics presented in the following courses:
- Kubernetes Foundations (or equivalent)
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x]
- Completion of VMware NSX-T: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.x]
Delegates will learn how to
- Explain how the VMware Enterprise PKS platform enables enterprises to deploy and manage the Kubernetes platform as a service on premises
- Describe the VMware Enterprise PKS platform architecture
- Describe the preinstallation activities, such as how various topologies of VMware Enterprise PKS can be deployed, and how to meet prerequisites before installing VMware Enterprise PKS
- Describe how BOSH unifies release engineering, deployment, and lifecycle management of cloud software in a VMware Enterprise PKS platform
- Describe how the VMware Enterprise PKS Management Console appliance is used to configure and deploy the VMware Enterprise PKS platform components
- Describe how VMware NSX-T™ Data Center integrates with VMware Enterprise PKS to provide networking and security services for all the components in a VMware Enterprise PKS environment
- Install, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a VMware Enterprise PKS environment
- Use Day 2 operations to create, view, scale, and delete Kubernetes clusters and upgrade VMware Enterprise PKS
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 VMware Enterprise PKS Value Proposition
- Kubernetes and VMware Enterprise PKS Overview
- Changes in Software Development Practices
- Containers Overview
- Kubernetes Overview
- Managing Kubernetes with VMware Enterprise PKS
3 VMware Enterprise PKS Architecture
- Introduction to BOSH
- Introduction to Kubernetes in VMware Enterprise PKS
- Introduction to Operations Manager
- Introduction to the VMware Enterprise PKS Control Plane
- Introduction to Harbor
- Introduction to VMware Enterprise PKS Management Console
4 Networking VMware Enterprise PKS with NSX-T
- Overview of NSX-T Data Center and it’s uses
- Logical Switching, Routing, Load Balancing and NATs
- VMware NSX-T Data Center integration with Kubernetes
- Logical topologies
- Physical Topologies
5 Managing VMware Enterprise PKS
- Physical topologies
- Tools to manage VMware Enterprise PKS
- Managing users
- Network profiles
- Creating clusters
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Persistent storage
- NSX-T Data Center Integration with VMware Enterprise PKS and Tools
- Managing clusters
- Managing Resources
- Upgrading VMware Enterprise PKS
- Backup and restore
6 Monitoring VMware Enterprise PKS
- Using vRealize Log Insight with VMware Enterprise PKS
- Using vRealize Operations with VMware Enterprise PKS
- Using Wavefront® by VMware® with VMware Enterprise PKS
- Using the Kubernetes dashboard
- VMware Enterprise PKS logging sinks
7 Installing VMware Enterprise PKS
- Overview of the Installation Process
- Install using Operations Manager
- Installing VMware Enterprise PKS
- Installing Harbor
8 Troubleshooting VMware Enterprise PKS
- Troubleshooting with Bosh
- Retrieving Logs
- Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.