- VMware Horizon 8 V2006
- VMware Workspace ONE
- Virtualized desktop implementation experience
- Microsoft Windows system administration experience: Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Understanding basic vSphere concepts
- Completion of one of the following courses is recommended (or equivalent experience):
- VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service: Deploy and Manage on Microsoft Azure
- VMware Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage plus UEM Troubleshooting Fast Track [V21.x]
Delegates will learn how to
- Identify and assess the business objectives of the EUC environment
- Interpret business drivers to create an EUC solution with the Workspace ONE and Horizon reference architecture
- Analyze potential design choices and understand VMware best practices
- Design an EUC infrastructure architecture that addresses the needs of the organization and follows VMware best practices
- Create a design that ensures availability, manageability, performance, recoverability, and security
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Recognize the characteristics of a good design.
- Identify the phases of VMware EUC Design Methodology
- Define customer business objectives
- Define a use case for your virtual desktop and application infrastructure
- Convert customer requirements to use-case attributes
- Identify ways to manage challenging behaviors in a team
- Identify how to improve your contributions to your team
- Describe how to tailor a presentation to align with the values of the company and the backgrounds of the stakeholders
- Determine the components required for a Horizon on-premises or Horizon Cloud deployment
- Implement the design considerations and recommendations for various Horizon components
- Identify the primary functions of the Workspace ONE components
- Identify the requirements of Horizon resource and management blocks
- Implement the design considerations and recommendations for various Horizon Cloud components
- Design the logical and physical architecture for your Workspace ONE solution
- Implement the recommended practices when designing an application-delivery mechanism with App Volumes
- Implement the recommended practices when designing a profile-management mechanism with VMware Dynamic Environment Manager
- Validate the infrastructure services on which your Workspace ONE and Horizon components depend
- Identify factors and design decisions that determine the sizing for ESXi host
- Discuss the factors that determine the sizing for shared storage
- Identify factors and design decisions that determine the sizing of the Azure pods
- Discuss the implications of using NSX for security and load balancing
- Document the integration tasks required to take advantage of the full potential of a Workspace ONE and Horizon deployment
- Identify the steps required to configure and assemble EUC components into various services that are delivered to end-users
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.