This three-day course teaches you skills for deploying and managing a VMware Cloud™ on AWS infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and labs, you deploy and manage the VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware vSphere® features that build a foundation for a hybrid infrastructure. You also discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect.
Anyone planning to migrate, build, or hybridize with VMware Cloud on AWS will benefit from this course.
- VMware Cloud on AWS
- VMware ESXi™ 7.0
- VMware vCenter Server® 7.0
- VMware vSAN™ 7.0
- VMware NSX-T™ Data Center 2.5
Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators
In order to facilitate your VMware e-courseware provision QA will share your name and email address (that which we have registered for you on our business systems) with VMware. VMware will then send you directly the details of your e-courseware access no less than 48 hours before your course is due to take place. VMware will not use these details for any other purpose than provisioning you with your e-courseware.
Please note that these details are held by VMware outside of the EU. If you have an existing VMware MyLearn account it is imperative that you notify QA of the email address you have registered to this account. Should you have any questions or concerns about this please contact your QA account manager.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
Before taking this course, students should take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge and experience:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSAN and HCI Fundamentals
- Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the architecture of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Deploy a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC and Virtual Machines (VMs)
- Configure internal, external, and inter-SDDC networking
- Describe and configure storage integrations and solutions for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Configure a connection between an on-premises vSphere SDDC and a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Configure the scale-up and scale-down of a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Migrate virtual machines between on-premises vSphere and VMware Cloud on AWS SDDCs
- Describe additional services that add value to a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Describe lifecycle, troubleshooting scenarios, and support resources for a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
Outline: 1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Introduction to VMware Cloud on AWS
- Why choose VMware Cloud on AWS
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Billing and pricing
3 Managing the SDDC and Creating Virtual Machines
- Creating and managing users in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Deploying and accessing SDDCs
- Creating Virtual Machines
4 Networking in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS networking
- Networking design of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Networking operations
- Inter-SDDC networking
5 Storage on VMware Cloud on AWS
- vSAN in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Stretched clusters
- External storage integrations and solutions
6 Working with On-Premises vSphere
- Hybrid linked mode
- Hybrid Cloud Extension
- Migrating Virtual Machines
- vSphere permissions
7 Scaling the SDDC and Managing Hosts
- Sizing the SDDC
- Cluster management
- Adding and removing hosts
- Host remediation
8 Resource Management and Availability
- Managing Elastic DRS for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Evaluating VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ and VMware vSphere® High Availability configurations in VMware Cloud on AWS
9 Using Other VMware Products with the SDDC
- Site Recovery Add-On Service
- Project Dimension: VMware Cloud™ on AWS Outposts and VMware Cloud™ on Dell EMC
- VMware Horizon®
- VMware vRealize® Suite
- VMware Cloud Marketplace™
- APIs with VMware Cloud on AWS
10 Maintaining and Troubleshooting VMware Cloud on AWS
- Best practice maintenance
- Support and staying up to date
- Common troubleshooting steps
- Next steps in using VMware Cloud on AWS
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.