This class requires system administration experience with VMware vSphere deployments or completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe VMware Cloud Foundation architecture
- Use SDDC Manager to perform operational tasks
- Describe user roles in VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware vSphere®
- Manage users and passwords using VMware Cloud Foundation
- Manage certificate rotation for VMware Cloud Foundation components
- Use Active Directory integration to automate certificate generation and rotation
- Describe workload domains
- Manage workload domains in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Manage VMware NSX-T™ for VMware Cloud Foundation
- Describe use cases for Application Virtual Networks (AVNs)
- Meet vSphere with Tanzu requirements
- Deploy a vSphere with VMware Tanzu™ enabled workload domain
- Manage VMware vSAN™ storage in a workload domain
- Create vSAN storage policies
- Describe Cloud Native storage
- Describe the importance of business continuity measures in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Plan appropriate backup and restore workflows for VMware Cloud Foundation components
- Implement stretched clusters in VMware Cloud Foundation workload domains
1 Course Introduction
Introductions and course logistics
2 VMware Cloud Foundation Overview
- Describe the VMware Cloud Foundation 4 solution
- Describe VMware Cloud Foundation 4 architecture
- Identify VMware Cloud Foundation 4 components
- Describe VMware Cloud Foundation 4 topology
- Define VMware Cloud Foundation 4 terminology
3 Post Deployment Operations
- Integrate VMware Cloud Foundation with VMware vCenter® Single Sign-On
- Configure user accounts in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Manage passwords in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Describe the two roles in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Add license keys to the VMware Cloud Foundation inventory
- Assign license keys
- Remove license keys
- Replace expiring licenses
5 Managing Workload Domains
- Define a workload domain
- Create, scale, and delete workload domains
- Describe use cases for multiple clusters in a workload domain
- Manage storage options for workload domains
- Plan and implement network pools for consumption by workload domains
- Compare multiple workload domains and multi-cluster options
6 VMware Cloud Foundation Networking with NSX-T
- Discuss NSX-T automation in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Discuss NSX-T in the Management Domain
- Learn About Application Virtual Networks (AVNs)
- Use of AVNs in the Deployment Parameter Sheet
- Learn other AVN uses
- Use SDDC Manager to automate NSX edge cluster deployment
7 Kubernetes Enabled Workload Domains
- Describe vSphere with Tanzu
- Describe vSphere with Tanzu containers, pods, and supervisor clusters
- Configure Namespaces
- Implement vSphere with Tanzu in a VMware Cloud Foundation workload domain
8 VMware Cloud Foundation Storage Management
- Identify vSAN architecture and components
- Discuss how to scale vSAN clusters in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Explain how storage policies work with VMware Cloud Foundation vSAN clusters
- Discuss external storage as supplemental storage
- Describe Cloud Native Storage
- Describe vSphere with Tanzu for Cloud Native Storage consumption
9 VMware Cloud Foundation Certificate Management
- Describe the initial deployment state of certificates Manage SDDC certificate rotation
- Describe certificate creation options
- Describe certificate rotation using Active Directory
- Use SDDC Manager to create Certificate Signing Requests (CSRs)
10 Life Cycle Management
- Describe the role of SDDC Manager in life cycle management
- Describe the different LCM options available in VMware Cloud Foundation 4
- Describe the upgrade prerequisites and upgrade precheck process
- Upgrade VMware Cloud Foundation software and components
- Describe the role of VMware vRealize® Suite Lifecycle Manager™
11 VMware Cloud Foundation Troubleshooting
- Use SOS commands to perform health checks and log bundle operations.
- Create service requests using best practices
- Troubleshoot failed workflows using log files and token IDs
- Restart services using the correct procedures
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.