This five-day workshop provides hands-on experience in advanced VMware vSphere® administration and helps you prepare to pass the VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2018 certification exam. This course provides practical exposure to various advanced vSphere administration and configuration topics. Additionally, the course aligns to the exam objectives to provide you with an opportunity to enhance and practice your skills and better prepare you for the exam.
- VMware ESXi 6.7
- vSphere 6.7
You should have the following skills before taking this course:
- Completion of the VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.7] course or equivalent skills
You must have the VMware Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV) certification in order to obtain the VCAP-DCV Deploy 2018 certification.
- Experienced system administrators
Delegates will learn how to
- Configure and manage VMware vSphere® Auto DeployTM configurations
- Configure advanced system settings
- Deploy and configure core management infrastructure components
- Deploy and configure VMware vSphere® Update ManagerTM components
- Perform virtual machine configurations
- Implement complex storage solutions
- Deploy and configure VMware vSANTM
- Troubleshoot complex storage solutions
- Implement and manage vSphere 6.x standard switch and distributed switch networks
- Troubleshoot a vSphere 6.x network implementation
- Implement and maintain vSphere availability solutions
- Implement and manage DRS solutions
- Troubleshoot vSphere clusters
- Manage a vSphere environment using command line tools
- Manage and analyze vSphere log files
- Configure and manage a content library
- Use vSphere performance monitoring tools
- Optimize virtual machine resources
- Backup and recover vSphere configurations
- Configure a vSphere 6.x environment for security
- Manage authentication and end-user security
- Manage SSL certificates
- Secure and encrypt a virtual machine
This course prepares you for the following certification:
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2018
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course objectives
2 Create and Deploy vSphere 6.x Infrastructure Components
- Configure and manage host profiles
- Configure and manage a vSphere environment for vSphere Auto Deploy
- Configure advanced system settings on an ESXi host, including syslog, scratch partition, and core dump location
- Configure and manage an identity source and root level global permissions
- Use vSphere Update Manager for creating baselines and schedules, staging patches, and remediating hosts
- Perform virtual machine (VM) configurations, including adjusting CPU and memory allocations, and specifying swap file location
3 Deploy and Manage a vSphere 6.x Storage Infrastructure
- Implement complex storage solutions - iSCSI storage, NFS datastores, and Storage I/O Control
- Deploy and configure vSAN, and create a vSAN storage policy
- Investigate and restore access to a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
4 Deploy and Manage a vSphere 6.x Network Infrastructure
- Migrate a VMkernel network adapter and vmnic from a standard switch to a distributed switch
- Create and configure a custom TCP/IP stack on an ESXi host
- Configure Network I/O Control to support network bandwidth constraint issues
5 Configure a vSphere Deployment for Availability and Scalability
- Enable VMware vSphere® High Availability and configure core components such as admission control, heartbeat datastores, and a custom isolation address
- Enable DRS and configure automation settings, EVC mode, and an affinity rule
- Troubleshoot a VMware vSphere® vMotion® issue within a vSphere cluster
6 Configure a vSphere Deployment for Manageability
- Create a VM and generate a report using VMware vSphere® PowerCLITM
- Configure VMware vCenter Server® database log settings and diagnostic logging levels
- Analyze a log file to investigate a network connection problem and remediate the problem
- Import an OVF template and create a subscribed content library for a multi-vCenter Server environment
7 Configure a vSphere Deployment for Performance
- Use ESXi command-line utilities to collect vSphere performance metrics and perform VM network packet capture
- Update the configuration on a VM template
8 Configure a vSphere 6.x Environment for Recoverability
- Backup and restore a distributed switch configuration
- Backup and restore a resource pool tree
- Schedule vCenter Server backups using the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface
9 Configure a vSphere 6.x Environment for Security
- Register a KMS with vCenter Server, create an encryption storage policy, and create an encrypted VM
- Update advanced certificate parameters and renew an ESXi certificate
- Create a vCenter Server custom role and assign permissions to an identity source user
- Change password restrictions on an ESXi host
- Add an ESXi host to a directory service domain and enable lockdown mode
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.