These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
Do you want to find match member records, link member records, and perfect a search algorithm for your InfoSphere MDM Virtual implementation? Then this course is designed for you. The InfoSphere MDM Virtual Module Algorithms V.11 course prepares students to work with and customize the algorithm configurations deployed to the InfoSphere MDM Probabilistic Matching Engine (PME) for Virtual MDM implementations. The PME is the heart of all Matching, Linking, and Searching for entities (Person, Organization, etc) that exist in InfoSphere MDM. This course has a heavy emphasis on the exercises, where the students will implement the customization discussed in the course to perform matching, linking, and searching on fields not provided by the default implementation. At the end of this course, it is expected that students will feel comfortable customizing an algorithm for the PME for Virtual implementations.
It is recommended that you take the following course prior to enrolling in this course:
(ZZ800) or experience with InfoSphere MDM
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand how Matching and Linking work for both the Virtual Implementations of InfoSphere MDM
- Understand the MDM configuration project and database tables used by the PME
- Understand the PME Algorithms (Standardization, Bucketing and Comparison steps) and how to create and customize the algorithms using the workbench
- Understand how to analyze the Bucketing steps in an algorithm
- Understand how to generate weights for a given algorithm and how those weights are generated based on a sample database set
- Understand how to analyze the weights that are generated using the workbench
- Understand how to deploy the PME configuration for the Virtual implementations of InfoSphere MDM
PME and Virtual Overview
- Virtual MDM Overview
- Terminology (Source, Entity, Member, Attributes)
- PME and Virtual MDM ( Algorithms, Weights, Comparison Scores, Thresholds)
- Virtual MDM Linkages and Tasks
Virtual MDM Algorithms
- Comparison Functions
- Exercise: Creating a new Algorithm
Virtual PME Data Model
- Algorithm configuration tables
- Member Derived Data
- Bucketing Data
- Exercise: Loading Members and viewing Algorithm and Derived data
- Analysis Overview
- Attribute Completeness
- Bucket Analysis
- Exercise: Analyzing our Buckets
- Weights Overview (Frequency-based weights, Edit Distance weights and Parameterize weights)
- The weight formula
- Running weight generation
- Analyzing weights
- Bulk Cross Match process
- Pair Manager
- Threshold calculations
- Exercise: Generate Weights and analyzing weight distribution
- Exercise: Pair Manager and Threshold Calculations
- Exercise: Testing our algorithm
- Unit 1: PME and Virtual Overview
- Unit 2: Virtual MDM Algorithms
- Unit 3: Virtual PME Data Model
- Unit 4: Bucket Analysis
- Unit 5: Weights
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.