The Veeam® Availability Suite™ v11: Configuration and Management training course is a three-day, technical deep dive focused on teaching IT professionals the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Availability Suite v11 solution. With extensive hands-on-labs, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, bringing tangible benefit to businesses in the digital world. This course is based on Veeam Availability Suite v11.
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for configuring, managing or supporting a Veeam Availability Suite v11 environment.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) 2021 exam.
Students should be experienced professionals with solid knowledge of servers, storage, networking and virtualization. To prepare for the class, Veeam Partners would benefit from completing the Veeam Sales Professional (VMSP) and Veeam Technical Sales Professional (VMTSP) certifications within the ProPartner website. Veeam customers would benefit from completing the free Veeam Availability Suite on-demand training on www.veeam.com
Delegates will learn how to
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Veeam Availability Suite components usage scenarios and relevance to your environment.
- Effectively manage data availability in on-site, off-site, cloud and hybrid environments.
- Ensure both Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) are met.
- Configure Veeam Availability Suite to ensure data is protected effectively.
- Adapt with an organization’s evolving technical and business data protection needs.
- Ensure recovery is possible, effective, efficient, secure and compliant with business requirements.
- Provide visibility of the business data assets, reports and dashboards to monitor performance and risks.
• Describe RTOs and RPOs, what they mean for your business, how to manage and monitor performance against them
• The 3-2-1 Rule and its importance in formulating a successful backup strategy
• Identify key Veeam Availability Suite components and describe their usage scenarios and deployment types
Building backup capabilities
• Backup methods, the appropriate use cases and impact on underlying file systems
• Create, modify, optimize and delete backup jobs, including Agents and NAS Backup jobs. Explore different tools and methods to maximize environment performance
• Ensure efficiency by being able to select appropriate transport modes while being aware of the impact of various backup functions on the infrastructure
Building replication capabilities
• Identify and describe the options available for replication and impacts of using them
• Create and modify replication jobs, outline considerations to ensure success
• Introduce the new Continuous Data Protection (CDP) policy
• Simple vs. advanced backup copy jobs, how to create and modify them using best practices to ensure efficient recovery
• Discuss using tapes for backups
Advanced repository capabilities
• Ensure repository scalability using a capability such as SOBR on-premises and off-site including integration with cloud storage
• Ensure compatibility with existing deduplication appliances • Introduce the new hardened repository
Protecting data in the cloud
• Review how Veeam can protect the data of a cloud native application
• Review how Veeam Cloud Connect enables you to take advantage of cloud services built on Veeam
• Review how Veeam can be used to protect your Office 365 data
Restoring from backup
• Ensure you have the confidence to use the correct restore tool at the right time for restoring VMs, bare metal and individual content such as files and folders • Utilize Secure Restore to prevent the restoration of malware
• Describe how to use Staged Restore to comply with things like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) before releasing restores to production
• Identify, describe and utilize the different explores and instant recovery tools and features
Recovery from replica
• Identify and describe in detail, failover features and the appropriate usage
• Develop, prepare and test failover plans to ensure recovery
• Disaster recovery from replica to meet a variety of real-world recovery needs
Testing backup and replication
• Testing backups and replicas to ensure you can recover, what you need, when you need to
• Configure and setup virtual sandbox environments based on backup, replicas and storage snapshots
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE
• Introduce the concept of monitoring your virtual, physical and cloud environments with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE™
• Locate, migrate or restore backup configuration
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.