Please note this course uses Angular 5 and ECMAScript2015
Understanding the MEAN Stack
- What is NodeJS
- The open web
- Git and software development
- Bower, Grunt, Yeoman and Gulp
- Understanding applications architecture built using the MEAN stack
- Understanding the benefits of NodeJS
- Installing and exploring NodeJS
- Working with REPL
- Understanding NPM and packaged components
- Working with Require and core NodeJS objects
- Initialising applications and working package.json
- Building modules
Node Event and Concurrency
- Building concurrency and asynchronous behaviour using callbacks
- Using NodeJS Event Emitters to build custom events
- Creating and working with promises
Interacting with the File system using NodeJS
- Working with the fs object
- Reading and writing files
- Building and interacting with Data Streams
Introduction to TypeScript
- What is TypeScript
- Basic Types
Setting up the Developer Environment
- Getting ready to use Angular
Overview of Angular
- The building blocks of any Angular application
- An introduction to Observables
- What are Services & why do we need them
- How to create our own Services
- Using Angular’s HTTPClient service to make AJAX requests
- Creating a single page UI
- Child Routes
- Named Outlets
Building Servers using NodeJS
- Using Node to build web servers
- Working with HTML Verbs
- Creating Routes using RegEx objects
- Building a RESTFul server
Putting the E in Mean - Introducing Express
- Using the express module to simplify routing
- Reading URL parameters
- Working with express to create promise driven code
Building Servers Using Express
- Scaffolding applications using the Express Generator
- Working with the app.js file
- Creating static routes
- Building dynamic routes
- Working with the Jade tempting engine
- Installing MongoDB
- Working with Mongod
- Using the Shell and common command
- Defining Mongo databases and data documents
- Querying MongoDB documents
- Working with users and security
Working with Mongoose
- Installing the Mongoose module
- Build code defined data structures with mongoose
- Developing schemas
- Communicating from express to the Mongo server
- Improving RESTful services
- Querying MongoDB using Mongoose
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.