In these unprecedented times it’s important to consider the changing world of the threat landscape and how threat modelling can provide crucial insights with a mechanism to help better understand how we will need to adapt to protect and defend in the new normal.
This webinar is led by Adam Shotack, leading world expert on threat modelling.
We will cover topics on:
- What is threat modelling?
- Why threat model?
- How threat modelling meets the new needs of remote coronavirus development
- Threat modelling how-to
- Threat modelling cocktails as a service
Date: Wednesday 24 June 2020
Time: 17:00 – 18:00
- Application security engineers
- Security leadership
- How to explain what threat modelling is
- List the four questions at the heart of threat modelling
- Provide answers to “what are we working on” and “what can go wrong”
Adam is a leading expert on threat modeling, and a consultant, entrepreneur, technologist, author and game designer. He's a member of the BlackHat Review Board, and helped create the CVE and many other things. He currently helps many organizations improve their security via Shostack & Associates, and advises startups including as a Mach37 Star Mentor. While at Microsoft, he drove the Autorun fix into Windows Update, was the lead designer of the SDL Threat Modelling Tool v3 and created the 'Elevation of Privilege' game. Adam is the author of Threat Modelling: Designing for Security, and the co-author of The New School of Information Security.