Great teams are at the core of great performance, but getting your team to run smoothly can be a challenge. Team dynamics are a complex business and teams produce a bewildering range of issues for a busy manager. People often ask us:
- Things aren’t going as smoothly with my team as I’d like, but I’m not sure why?
- How will I build trust with my team?
- How will I get the best out of individuals to produce a high performing team?
- How can I help my team develop and grow?
- How can I maximise my team’s effectiveness?
This highly focused workshop uses a suite of proven diagnostic tools to identify your current team issues and their causes, helping you generate practical actions for improvement.
Our skilled and experienced facilitator will guide you through the process, using engaging activities to help you explore your team performance in detail, as well as supporting you in planning for improvement.
Give your team a tune-up!
Delegates will be required to complete a mandatory online Belbin® assessment prior to attending the workshop, and to bring their team vision, purpose and/or objectives along.
This course is aimed at either intact management teams or first line to senior managers who want to improve their understanding of their teams and generate actions for improvement and/or growth.
You will learn how:
- Teams develop, the current development of your team, and how to support its further development towards greater maturity and autonomy
- High performing teams are teams of specialists not generalists, what the current role profile of your team is, and where your team’s strengths and challenges lie
- Team dysfunctions can affect the performance of your team, and how you can improve your team’s performance
- Stages of team development, with team development assessment for your team
- Belbin® Team Roles profile and the importance of team roles for a high performing team
- 5 Dysfunctions of a Team® assessment and how to combat the dysfunctions on your own team
- Facilitated action planning to identify practical actions to improve your team’s performance
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.