This virtual workshop will help L&D professionals transfer skills from face to face to virtual classroom delivery. This workshop includes how to design and facilitate an engaging virtual session from building rapport at the start through to keeping the participants attention throughout. This is a practical, skills-based workshop so participants will soon be up and running ready to deliver virtually.
What’s included in the course?
- Tutor- led step by step to help you quickly adapt classroom courses for virtual delivery
- Learn through experience to help apply the skills quickly and effectively back in your organisation
- Our TAP Learning Specialist will be sharing over 10 years of experience delivering effective, engaging and interactive virtual classrooms with you
Who is it for?
Any L&D professional wishing to transfer their skills from face to face to virtual classroom delivery
The 5 secrets of engaging live online sessions
1. The 4-stage online facilitation model
2. How to structure an effective and interactive webinar
3. Facilitating and hosting webinars
4. Delivering with style and confidence
5. Tools and trouble-shooting skills
Part one (approx. 30 minutes)
- Attend a quick orientation/system check for WebEx to meet your tutor (approx. 10 mins)
- Reflect on your own personal expectations you would like to achieve from participating in the workshop
5 Secrets of Engaging Virtual Classroom sessions
Participate in an interactive half-day virtual classroom covering the 5 secrets of engaging virtual classroom sessions.
The 4-stage online facilitation model
- How to ensure participants can access the learning platform easily
- How to build rapport and get to know your online group
- Ideas for creating collaborative online learning
- How to ensure that the learning is applied back in the workplace
How to structure an effective and interactive webinar
- Pre-session set-up checks, opening and closing a webinar
- What tools to look for in a web-conferencing tool for interaction
- How to use the tools creatively for more participative sessions
- Tips on adapting face-to-face courses ready for delivering virtually
- Ideas on how to design eye-catching slides
Facilitating and hosting webinars
- Role of a host and facilitator
- How to keep participant’s attention online
Delivering with style and confidence
- Transferring skills from classroom to online
- Tips using web cameras
Tools and trouble-shooting skills
- What could go wrong and top 10 tips for success!
- Share take-away points and action plans/next steps
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- Upgrade to achieving the full TAP Online Facilitation Skills Certificate
- Creating Visual Impact
- Blended Learning
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.