This 5-week online programme will help L&D professionals transfer skills from face to face delivery to facilitating engaging webinars. This course includes how to facilitate an engaging webinar session from building rapport at the start through to keeping the participants attention throughout. The programme also covers how to structure an interactive and collaborative webinar. This is a practical, skills-based course so participants will get hands-on practice with the tools so will be up and running ready to design and facilitate webinars back in the workplace.
What's included in the course?
- Weekly 2-hour tutor-led WebEx sessions (4 in total) facilitating group discussions
- Week 5 - 2 x Assessment days (9am-5pm UK time)
- 3-4 hours self-study each week
- Tutor supported
What the delegates will learn
- The 4-stage online facilitation model
- How to structure an effective and interactive webinar
- Facilitating and hosting webinars
- Delivering with style and confidence
- The five secrets of engaging online sessions
- Technical and trouble-shooting skills
- Gaining ideas for self-paced online activities
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- eLearning Design
- Blended Learning
- Creating Visual Impact
- Digital Learning Strategy
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for L&D professionals with classroom training experience, subject matter experts, or anyone who needs to gain practical experience of facilitating webinars.
- Plan and deliver a 15-minute webinar and facilitate a 5-minute self-paced activity, to meet the Online Facilitation Skills Profile
- Participate in the weekly activities and assignments
Week one - The Online Facilitation Model
- Tutor-led online session (1 hour)
- How to ensure participants can access the learning platform easily
- How to build rapport and get to know your online group
- Ideas for creating collaborative online learning
- How to ensure that the learning is applied back in the workplace
- Self-study- critique example webinars and project work thinking of a topic for the assessment in week 5 (approx. 3 hours)
Week two - Tools of an Online Facilitator
- Tutor-led online session (1 hour)
- Transferring skills from classroom to online
- Role of a host and facilitator
- What tools to look for in a web-conferencing tool?
- Digital tools for self-paced activities
- How to use the tools creatively for more participative sessions
- Pre-session set-up, opening and closing a webinar
- Hands on practice
- Self-study- trouble-shooting scenarios and project work designing one interactive slide (approx. 3 hours)
Week three - The Secrets of Engaging Online Sessions
- Tutor-led online session (one hour)
- The benefits of interaction to keep participant’s attention online
- How to structure an effective webinar
- Ideas on how to design eye-catching slides
- How to deliver online with style and confidence
- Using a mix of live and self-paced activities
- Hands on practice delivering one slide to the group
- Self-study- project work drafting slides and joining instructions (approx. 3 hours)
Week four - Preparation and Practice
- Tutor-led WebEx session (one hour)
- Hands on practice delivering the first 5 minutes of your webinar session to the group for tutor/peer feedback
- Self-study- project work finalising slides ready for the assessment day (approx. 3 hours)
Week five - Assessment Day (9am-1pm UK time)
- Tutor-led online session:
- Facilitate your own 15 minute live online session
- Facilitate a 5 minute self-paced online activity
- Participate in the facilitated activities of others in the group
- Tutor feedback
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.