This is a two-part blended programme consisting of online activities and a two-day classroom workshop. The programme will help L&D professionals, with experience of designing or developing other forms of learning, apply their skills to designing bite-sized eLearning modules. It includes how to add the important human element into online learning and how to create stimulating, engaging and effective content.
What's included in the course?
- Part 1: Participate in a live online webinar (1 hour) and complete self-paced activities (approx 3 hours of study)
- Part 2: Two-day classroom workshop, focussing on the analysis, design and storyboarding stages of the eLearning development process
What the delegates will learn
- Apply the six stages of the development process for eLearning
- Design effective and engaging eLearning materials through storytelling and scenarios
- Structure content to create bite-sized eLearning content 'on demand'
- Discussion on the main eLearning tools on the market
- Mini experiment with an eLearning tool
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- Creating Visual Impact
- Designing Performance Support Resources
- Digital Writing Skills
Suitable for L&D professionals who wish to design eLearning self-study programmes.
Delegates will create a detailed storyboard for an eLearning object to meet the TAP eLearning Design Profile.
- Tutor-led online session (1 hour): Creating Engaging eLearning'
- Self-paced activities including reading and project work (approx 3 hours)
This two day classroom workshop includes:
- Overview of the 6-stage eLearning development process
- Differences between e-information and eLearning
- Effective learning design to include 'think and do' activities to keep the learners attention
- Ideas for designing eye-catching slides
- How to create a storyboard/prototype eLearning content
- Discussion on the main eLearning tools on the market today