This programme will help team leaders or managers to implement a digital learning strategy effectively in their organisation. In these current times with so many different learning technologies on the market, it’s not an easy decision investing in the right tools for your organisation.
The programme covers seven key success factors of writing a digital learning strategy covering business drivers, stakeholder engagement, analysing the skills required, technical infrastructure, managing projects, effective marketing and evaluating the success of learning solutions.
What's included in the course?
- Weekly one hour tutor led WebEx sessions (5 in total) facilitating group discussions
- 3-4 hours self-study each week to include forums, research, reading and project work
- Access to online resources
What the delegates will learn
- Reflect on the L&D and digital strategies in place currently and identifying any recommendations
- Write SMART objectives aligned with business drivers
- Analyse the skills required to implement strategy and consider the factors for developing in-house, externally or selecting ready-made content
- Determine the most appropriate technical infrastructure to support the strategy
- Identify the key stakeholders and develop a plan to build stakeholder engagement
- Manage content development projects to consistently meet targets for quality, time and cost
- Create a marketing and evaluation plan
The course is ideal for L&D professionals responsible for implementing or recommending a digital learning strategy within an organisation. There are no other formal prerequisites for attending this course.
- Delegates write a Digital Learning Strategy for their organisation to meet the TAP Digital Learning Strategy Profile
- Participate in the weekly activities and assignments
Week one: Writing a Digital Learning Strategy
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Writing a Digital Learning Strategy’ (1 hour)
- What does a modern workplace learning environment look like?
- What are current challenges and opportunities?
- Overview of the 7 key success factors
- Self-study- SWOT analysis, review a case study and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week two: Skills in the Team and Technical Infrastructure
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Skills and Technical Infrastructure’ (1 hour)
- Review current and future skills required to develop digital content
- What to consider whether developing digital content in-house or externally?
- Discussion on the main digital tools on the market
- Identify what tools are currently available at your organisation and what needs to be in place to support future digital projects?
- Self-study- research digital tools, scenario and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week three: Stakeholder Buy-in and Content Development
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Stakeholder Buy-in and Content Development’ (1 hour)
- Who are your stakeholders?
- Tips for communicating effectively
- Models for content development
- Self-study- forum discussion creating a group top 10 tips for managing digital projects and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week four: Marketing and Evaluation
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Marketing and Evaluation’ (1 hour)
- Discuss creative ways for promoting and launching digital solutions
- Encouraging employee engagement to login through to course completion
- Ways to measure effectiveness and efficiency of your digital strategy
- Self-study- scenario and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week five: Share your Highlights
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Share your Highlights’ (1 hour)
- Share key points from your strategy
- Write an action plan of your next steps
- Submit your digital learning strategy for final assessment
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.