This programme will help team leaders or managers to implement a digital learning strategy effectively in their organisation. In these current times with so many different learning technologies on the market, it’s not an easy decision investing in the right tools for your organisation.
The programme covers seven key success factors of writing a digital learning strategy covering business drivers, stakeholder engagement, analysing the skills required, technical infrastructure, managing projects, effective marketing and evaluating the success of learning solutions.
What's included in the course?
- Weekly one hour tutor led WebEx sessions (5 in total) facilitating group discussions
- 3-4 hours self-study each week to include forums, research, reading and project work
- Access to online resources
What the delegates will learn
- Reflect on the L&D and digital strategies in place currently and identifying any recommendations
- Write SMART objectives aligned with business drivers
- Analyse the skills required to implement strategy and consider the factors for developing in-house, externally or selecting ready-made content
- Determine the most appropriate technical infrastructure to support the strategy
- Identify the key stakeholders and develop a plan to build stakeholder engagement
- Manage content development projects to consistently meet targets for quality, time and cost
- Create a marketing and evaluation plan
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest:
- Blended Learning
- eLearning Design
- Online Facilitation Skills
Who is it for?
The course is ideal for L&D professionals responsible for implementing or recommending a digital learning strategy within an organisation.
- Delegates write a Digital Learning Strategy for their organisation to meet the TAP Digital Learning Strategy Profile
- Participate in the weekly activities and assignments
Week one: Writing a Digital Learning Strategy
Tutor-led online session: ‘Writing a Digital Learning Strategy’ (1 hour)
- What does a modern workplace learning environment look like?
- What are current challenges and opportunities?
- Overview of the 7 key success factors
- Self-study- SWOT analysis, review a case study and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week two: Skills in the Team and Technical Infrastructure
Tutor-led online session: ‘Skills and Technical Infrastructure’ (1 hour)
- Review current and future skills required to develop digital content
- What to consider whether developing digital content in-house or externally?
- Discussion on the main digital tools on the market
- Identify what tools are currently available at your organisation and what needs to be in place to support future digital projects?
- Self-study- research digital tools, scenario and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week three: Stakeholder Buy-in and Content Development
Tutor-led online session: ‘Stakeholder Buy-in and Content Development’ (1 hour)
- Who are your stakeholders?
- Tips for communicating effectively
- Models for content development
- Self-study- forum discussion creating a group top 10 tips for managing digital projects and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week four: Marketing and Evaluation
Tutor-led online session: ‘Marketing and Evaluation’ (1 hour)
- Discuss creative ways for promoting and launching digital solutions
- Encouraging employee engagement to login through to course completion
- Ways to measure effectiveness and efficiency of your digital strategy
- Self-study- scenario and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week five: Share your Highlights
Tutor-led online session: ‘Share your Highlights’ (1 hour)
- Share key points from your strategy
- Write an action plan of your next steps
- Submit your digital learning strategy for final assessment