This blended course will provide delegates with a framework to provide a toolkit of appropriate resources to support workplace performance from on-demand online content and how-to videos to ‘in the workflow’ trouble-shooting guides and templates for use at the point of need whether in conjunction with a training programme or where none is available or required.
The course is delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 3 to 4 week period; two live online session with self-paced activities followed by a two-day classroom event with assessed project work on the design of a performance support resource.
What’s included in the course
- Part 1: Tutor-led online session (1 hour): ‘What is Performance Support?’ and self-paced online activities (approx 3 hours)
- Part 2: Self-paced online activities including reading, eLearning, and project work (approx 4 hours) and tutor-led online session ‘Planning for performance support’ (1 hour)
- Part 3: Two-day practical workshop, building on Parts 1 and 2. Planning, group discussions and producing a prototype for a work-based performance support resource
What the delegates will learn
- Establish the role of performance support and its use within formal and informal learning solutions
- Apply a framework for designing content aligned to specific performance requirements
- Select the appropriate performance support tools and apply best practice guidelines
- Establish a robust repository of support resources
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- eLearning Design
- Creating Visual Impact
- Digital Writing Skills
Who is it for?
L&D professionals who want to learn about designing and developing workplace support materials.
Delegates will create a prototype of a performance support resource to fulfil a specific performance need.
Part 1 Live online session includes:
- Tutor-led online session (1 hour): ‘What is Performance Support?’
Self-paced activities (approx 3 hours)
- Research and critique example performance resources
- Forum task commenting on a blog post
Part 2 Live online session includes:
Self-paced activities (approx 4 hours)
- Complete eLearning module 'Coming to terms with performance'
- Research and report on production tools for creating resources
- Complete the assignment template - analysis and concept ideas for your own workplace project and submit for tutor feedback
- Tutor-led online session (1 hour) ‘Planning for Performance Support’ which is a follow-up and review of the self-study activities
Part 3 Classroom workshop includes:
Two-day practical workshop, building on Parts 1 and 2
- Task analysis and breaking down the content into clear, easy-to-follow steps
- Media elements (writing the text/ working with images/ recording IT simulations/ working with audio and video)
- Visual planning and scripting
- Build a prototype for your own workplace project
- Tutor and peer feedback on prototypes
- Testing and reviewing the resources
- Implementing, evaluating and maintaining support resources