The course explores different learning methods and media to enable organisations to provide more flexible, accessible and cost effective learning opportunities. It will be valuable for those seeking to extend their capabilities beyond face-to-face training to take advantage of both formal and informal learning opportunities along with digital tools.
What’s included in the course?
Part 1: Participate in a live online webinar (1 hour) and complete self-paced activities (approx. 3 hours of study)
Part 2: Two day classroom workshop
What the delegates will learn
- What is blended learning and the advantages to both employees and the organisation
- What are the ingredients of a blended learning solution?
- Identify the 3-step practical logical approach to design a blended solution ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- What are the different digital tools available and how to apply them?
- Identify the common concerns of implementing a blended approach and tips of how to overcome these
- Experience a variety of learning technologies through both formal and informal learning activities during the course to see what you can apply to your organisation
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- eLearning Design
- Designing Performance Support Resources
- Digital Writing Skills
Who is it for?
Any L&D professional who wish to learn more about blended learning for a more modern day learning environment and how to apply it to their practice
Course objectives and assessment
Delegates write a blended learning proposal for their organisation to meet the TAP Blended Learning Profile.
Competencies delegates will develop
Part one - Online
- Tutor-led online session: ‘The Changing Shape of Learning’ (1 hour)
- Reasons why L&D need to think differently
- Self-study – research task and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Part two - Classroom
This two day classroom workshop includes:
Blended Learning beyond the classroom
- What is the definition of blended learning?
- What are the ingredients of a blended solution?
- Advantages of blended learning
The Logical Approach
- Analyse the learning requirement, audience characteristics and practical constraints
- Determine the relevant training strategy
- Select learning methods to match the learning need
- Match appropriate media options (ie. face to face classroom, digital)
Experimenting with Digital Tools
- Share research from part one
- What are the main digital tools to consider?
- Experiment with digital tools to build an online resource
- Group feedback
Implementation Challenges and Tips
- Challenges and concerns of implementing blended learning
- Scenario discussion
- Top 10 implementation tips
- Complete and submit blended learning proposal for tutor feedback (approx. 2-3 hours)