“I think unconscious bias is one of the hardest things to get at.”
Ruth Bader Ginsberg, American Judge
Recognising and managing unconscious bias is key to business and organisational success. Evidence increasingly demonstrates that individuals who recognise their own biases and effectively challenge others, help to create a fair and inclusive environment in which people are free to be at their best.
Equally, understanding more about unconscious bias, where it comes from and how we can reduce it, helps all of us work more effectively within today’s diverse organisations, as well as delivering great customer service.
Common questions we hear from people who attend this course include:
- How do I recognise my own biases?
- How do I help others realise they have biases too?
- What can I do to reduce unconscious bias in my workplace?
This highly participative Develop-level course aims to support you in raising your self-awareness of unconscious bias, how it can affect relationships and what you can do to tackle it.
This Develop-level course is aimed at both managers and staff and will complement the learning from our Managing Diversity and Inclusion (MPDMDI) and Working with Diversity and Inclusion (MPDWDI) courses. Though not essential, it may benefit delegates to attend either of these courses prior to attending Tackling Unconscious Bias.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Define unconscious bias and its impact in the workplace
- Explain how unconscious bias originates in the brain
- Identify common types of unconscious bias
- Identify the benefits of a diverse workforce and customer base
- Be able to spot unconscious bias in yourself and others
- Identify how to appropriately tackle unconscious bias in yourself and others
- What is unconscious bias?
- Why does unconscious bias happen?
- Why do we need to be aware of unconscious bias?
- Spotting unconscious bias
- Tackling unconscious bias
- Personal action planning