“You can't be against bullying without actually doing something about it.”
Randi Weingarten, American activist
Workplace wellbeing is a significant issue in today’s organisations. Bullying and harassment are a concern, as such behaviour has a negative impact on employee health, job satisfaction, working relationships, productivity and career outcomes.
These behaviours can have devastating effects for individuals, suffering, stress, loss of confidence, and potential loss of their job. They can also impact negatively on whole organisations, leading to bad publicity, loss of customer confidence and significant legal costs.
Common questions we hear from people who attend this course include:
- How can I tackle bullying and harassment in the workplace?
- How can I challenge inappropriate behaviour?
- How can I create in inclusive environment on my team?
- When does teasing and banter become bullying and harassment?
This highly participative Develop-level workshop looks at the differences between bullying and harassment, as well as associated behaviours such as so-called 'banter' and 'teasing'. You'll explore why these need to be addressed, how to spot them, and how we can all take action to tackle them and create a more inclusive and respectful working environment in which we all can flourish – whatever our level in the organisation.
This Develop-level course is aimed at both managers and staff and will complement the learning from our Managing Diversity and Inclusion (MPDMDI) and Working with Diversity and Inclusion (MPDWDI) courses. Though not essential, it may benefit delegates to attend either of these courses prior to attending Tackling Bullying & Harassment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Define 'bullying', 'harassment' and related terms
- Identify the drivers and benefits for tackling bullying and harassment at work
- Spot bullying and harassment behaviour
- Take steps to tackle and prevent bullying and harassment at work
- Introductions and welcome
- What do we mean by bullying and harassment?
- Spotting bullying and harassment
- Tackling bullying and harassment
- Personal action planning