The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Maintain and Troubleshoot course is designed for the IT security management professional tasked w ith administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.
Students learn how to troubleshoot and upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, monitor and troubleshoot the SEPM, client-to-SEPM communication, content distribut ion, client deployments, protection technologies and netw ork threat protection.
The class also covers how to follow Symantec best practices for troubleshoot ing and remediat ing a virus outbreak, performing advanced monitoring using IT Analytics, and prov iding solutions to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 case studies.
You must have attended Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration course or have equivalent experience.
Who Should Attend
- This course is for network managers, resellers, systems
- Monitor client-to-SEPM communication.
- Maintain a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot SEPM and client content delivery.
- Monitor and troubleshoot protection technologies.
- Use best practices when creating Application and Device Control and Firewall rules.
- Use best practices when troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak.
- Use IT Analytics to generate comprehensive reports from Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Provide solutions to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 case studies.
Monitoring Client-to-SEPM Communication
- Introducing client-to-SEPM communication
- Examining client-to-SEPM communication
- Monitoring communication
- Using basic troubleshooting and other monitoring tools to troubleshoot communication
Maintaining the Symantec Endpoint ProtectionEnvironment
- Ident ifying critical SEP 12.1 services and processes
- Checking client status
- Using the Symantec Endpoint Protection Support Tool
- Managing administrators
- Reporting and notifications
Managing and Troubleshooting the SEPM
- Managing the SEPM
- Managing and troubleshoot ing the database
- Configuring SEP 12.1 clients to use secure socket layer (SSL) communication
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Content Distribution
- Describing LiveUpdate sources: Review
- Examining a LiveUpdate session
- Downloading full or xdelta packages
- Determining LiveUpdate status and examining logs
- SEP 12.1 LiveUpdate client management
- Managing and monitoring group update providers (GUPs)
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Clients
- Client Deployment Wizard optimizations
- Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection clients
- Troubleshooting client installation failures
- Performing client management
- Enabling Symantec Endpoint Protection debug logs
- Troubleshooting SEP 12.1 Mac clients
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Protection Technologies
- Managing protection technologies
- Preventing false positives
- Ident ifying false posit ives
- Introducing Windows software trace preprocessor (WPP)
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Network Threat Protection
- Application control best practices
- Application and device control use cases
- Application and device control reports and logs
- Firewall use cases
Best Practices for Troubleshooting and Remediating a Virus Outbreak
Best practices for troubleshooting and remediating viruses
Managing rapid release definitions Performing Advanced Monitoring using IT Analytics
- Introducing IT Analytics
- Hardw are and software requirements
- Describing how IT Analytics works
- About installing IT Analytics
Providing Solutions to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Case Studies
- Evaluating a legacy environment for upgrade
- Redesigning a Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x environment