Delegates learn how to create and implement the client firewall, intrusion prevent ion, application and device control, and behavioural protection policies that guard the enterprise f rom viruses and hackers. In addition, delegates learn how to perform server and database management, expand the management environment , use virtualization features for virtual clients, and interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Protection Center.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment
This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
- You must have working know ledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/ IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level know ledge of Microsoft Window s 2000/XP/2003 operating systems.
- Describe Symantec Endpoint Protection products, components, dependencies, and system hierarchy.
- Install and configure Symantec Endpoint Protection management and client components.
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
- Manage the client user interface.
- Manage product content updates.
- Design a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Manage Virus and Spyware Protection policies.
- Manage SONAR scans.
- Manage Firewall and Intrusion Prevention policies.
- Manage Application and Device Control policies.
- Manage virtualized clients.
- Configure replication and load balancing.
- Monitor and maintain the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Protection Center.
- Course overview
- The classroom lab environment
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Product Solution
Why use Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies
- Symantec Endpoint Protection services
- Symantec Endpoint Protection components
- Symantec Endpoint Protection policies and concepts
- Symantec Endpoint Protection product tiers
- Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection
Identifying system requirements
- Preparing servers for installation
- Installing and configuring the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Describing Symantec Endpoint Protection migration and version compatibility
- Configuring the Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
Starting and navigating the SEPM
- Describing policy types and components
- Console authentication
- Licensing the SEP environment
- Deploying Clients
Client requirements and deployment methods
- Preparing for client deployment
- Client installation packages, settings, and features
- Installing managed clients
- Configuring an unmanaged detector
Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection clients
- Client and Policy Management
Describing SEPM and client communications
- Administering clients
- Configuring groups
- Configuring locations
- Active Directory integration with SEP 12.1
- Client configuration modes
- Configuring domains
- General client settings and Tamper Protection
- Configuring Content Updates
- Configuring the SEPM for LiveUpdate
- Configuring the LiveUpdate Settings and Content policies
- Configuring multiple group update providers (GUPs)
- Manually updating virus definitions
- Designing a Symantec Endpoint Environment
Architecture and sizing considerations
- Designing the architecture
- Determining client-to-SEPM ratios
- Content distribution methods
- SEPM and database sizing
- Completing the deployment
- Introducing Antivirus, Insight, and SONAR
Virus and spyware protection needs and solutions
- Reputation and Insight
- Administrator-defined scans
- Download Insight
- Included Virus and Spyware Protection policies
- Managing Virus and Spyware Protection Policies
Configuring administrator-defined scans
- Configuring protect ion technology settings and scans
- Configuring e-mail scans
- Configuring advanced opt ions
- Configuring Mac client detect ion
- Managing scanned clients
- Configuring Mac Virus and Spyware Protection policy settings
- Managing Exception Policies
Exceptions and exclusions
- Configuring the Exceptions policy
- Introducing Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control
Network threat protection basics
- The firewall
- Intrusion prevention
- Application access protection
- Managing Firewall Policies
Firewall policy overview
- Defining rule components
- Modifying firewall rules
- Configuring built- in rules
- Configuring protect ion and stealth settings
- Configuring Windows integration settings
- Managing Intrusion Prevention Policies
Configuring intrusion prevention
- Managing custom signatures
- Managing Application and Device Control Policies
Creating application and device control policies
- Defining application control
- Modifying policy rules
- Defining device control
Customizing Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control
Tools for customizing network threat protection
- Managing policy components
- Configuring learned applications
- Configuring system lockdown
Introducing virtualization features
- Virtual image exception
- Shared Insight Cache
- Virtual client tagging
- Off line image scanner
- Configuring Replication and Failover and Load Balancing
About sites and replication
- How replication works
- Symantec Endpoint Protection replication scenarios
- Configuring replication
- Failover and load balancing
Performing Server and Database Management
Managing SEPM servers
- Maintaining server security
- Communicating with other servers
- Managing administrators
- Managing the database
- Disaster recovery techniques
- Advanced Monitoring and Reporting
Monitoring the Home and Monitors page
- Analyzing and managing logs
- Configuring and viewing notifications
- Creating and reviewing reports
- Introducing IT Analytics
- Interfacing the SEPM with Protection Center
Describing Protection Center
- Describing the Protection Center appliance
- Configuring Protection Center
- Using Protection Center