The 2 day ProxySG 6.7 Advanced Administration course is intended for IT professionals who wish to learn to master the advanced features of the ProxySG.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
- This course is for IT network or security professionals who have practical experience with the ProxySG in the field and wish to master the advanced network security of the ProxySG.
You must have working knowledge of ProxySG Administration and should possess advanced knowledge of networking, security, and authentication.
Delegates will learn how to
- Solve common authentication and SSL issues
- Understand the underlying architecture of SGOS
- Monitor and analyze ProxySG performance
- Use policy tracing as a troubleshooting tool
Module 1: Using Authentication Realms
• Describe the benefits of enabling authentication on the ProxySG
• Describe, at a high level, the ProxySG authentication architecture
• Understand the use of IWA realms, with both IWA Direct and IWA BCAAA connection methods
Module 2: Understanding Authentication Credentials
• Describe how NTLM and Kerberos authentication work in both IWA direct and IWA BCAAA deployments
• Configure the ProxySG to use Kerberos authentication
Module 3: Understanding Authentication Modes
• Describe authentication surrogates and authentication modes
• Describe ProxySG authentication in both explicit and transparent deployment mode
Module 4: Understanding HTTPS
• Describe key components of SSL encryption
• Describe how the SSL handshake works
• Describe some of the legal and security considerations related to use of the SSL proxy
Module 5: Managing SSL Traffic on the ProxySG
• Describe how the SSL proxy service handles SSL traffic
• Describe the standard keyrings that are installed by default on the ProxySG
• Identify the types of security certificates that the ProxySG uses
Module 6: Optimizing SSL Interception Performance
• Configure the ProxySG to process SSL traffic according to best practices for performance
Module 7: SGOS Architecture
• Identify key components of SGOS
• Explain the interaction among client workers and software workers in processing client requests
• Explain the significance of policy checkpoints
• Describe key characteristics of the SGOS storage subsystem
• Explain the caching behavior of the ProxySG
Module 8: Caching Architecture
• Describe the benefits of object caching on the ProxySG
• Explain the caching-related steps in a ProxySG transaction
• Identify and describe the HTTP request and response headers related to caching
• Describe, in general terms, how the ProxySG validates cached objects to ensure freshness
• Explain how the ProxySG uses cost-based deletion, popularity contests, and pipelining to improve object caching
Module 9: System Diagnostics
• Describe the use of the health monitor and health checks
• Explain the use of the event and access logs
• Describe the information available in advanced URLs and sysinfo files
• Describe the function of policy tracing and packet captures
Module 10: Introduction to Content Policy Language (CPL)
• Describe the fundamental concepts and purposes of ProxySG policy transactions
• Understand the relationship of layers, rules, conditions, properties, and triggers
• Describe the two types of actions in CPL
• Describe how to write, edit, and upload CPL code
Module 11: Using Policy Tracing for Troubleshooting
• Identify the two main types of ProxySG policy traces
• Describe the various sections of a policy trace result
• Configure a global and policy-driven trace
• Access and interpret policy trace results
Module 12: ProxySG Integration
• Identify other Symantec products that can be used as part of a complete security solution
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.