The SolarWinds Orion Management System is a highly cost effective and professional tool for monitoring network performance, troubleshooting and resolving network issues. Its built in discovery and monitoring tools, coupled with the web console front end and very flexible configuration options, makes available a huge amount of valuable network information for reporting purposes. The key to successfully extracting the required reports from this repository of information is a full understanding of the range of data available, the scope of the standard Web Based Reports and the power of the Report Writer built into the Orion Management System.
This one day course takes an in depth look at all aspects of the Web Based Reports and the operation of the Report Writer. Delegates have the opportunity to explore all reporting options provided by the Orion Management System within a dedicated training environment.
PrerequisitesIt is expected that delegates are familiar with the basic networking concepts and terminology and the basic operation of the Orion Management System.
Delegates will learn how to
- Focuses on the reporting aspects of the Orion Management System in more depth than is available on other broader based courses.
- Releases the full potential of SolarWinds reporting thus enhancing the utility of the system.
- Saves time - Staff are able to more quickly generate both standing and ad hoc reports required by interested parties.
- The course design is based on the current best practice for Adult Learning (Androgogy) and uses many techniques for 'Accelerated Learning' to provide an interesting, engaging, and informative course.
- Limited class size of 8 people increases instructor/student interaction.
- Courses can take place in a 'safe' environment with access to a wide range of networking equipment and technologies
- SolarWinds Orion System Architecture
- SolarWinds Terminology; Reports, Report Writer and Views
- SQL Terminology
- Supplied Reports
- Custom Reports
- Embedding Reports in a View
- View Design
Web Based Reports
- Report Design using Standard Content
- Report Design using Custom Content and the Dynamic Query Builder
Using SQL for Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to SQL; Select and Join
- Introduction to the Orion Database
- Using Database Manager
- Report Design using Custom Content and the Advanced Database Query Option
- Report Design using Report Writer Custom SQL