The SolarWinds Orion Management System is a highly cost effective and professional tool for monitoring network performance, troubleshooting and resolving network issues. Its built in discovery and monitoring tools, coupled with the web console front end and very flexible configuration options, enable the generation of huge amounts of valuable performance data. The key to successfully managing the network is filtering and prioritising this performance data so that the right people see the right information at the right time and can take appropriate action in a timely manner.
This one day course takes an in depth look at the alerting and notification options provided by the Orion Management System within a dedicated training environment. Delegates have the opportunity to explore all aspects of alerting using the Orion Web Console and the Advanced Alert Manager.
PrerequisitesIt is expected that delegates are familiar with the basic networking concepts and terminology and the basic operation of the Orion Management System
Delegates will learn how to
- Focuses on the alerting and notification aspects of the Orion Management System in more depth than is available on other broader based courses.
- Releases the full potential of SolarWinds so that the return on product investment is enhanced.
- Saves time - Staff are able to more quickly identify network issues or potential issues and take the appropriate corrective action.
- Saves money - Utilises the full capability of the Orion Management System avoiding investment in additional tools.
- The course design is based on the current best practice for Adult Learning (Androgogy) and uses many techniques for 'Accelerated Learning' to provide an interesting, engaging, and informative course.
- Limited class size of 8 people increases instructor/student interaction.
- Courses can take place in a 'safe' environment with access to a wide range of networking equipment and technologies
- SolarWinds Orion System Architecture
- SolarWinds Terminology; Events, Notifications and Alerts
- Global Thresholds
- Overriding Global Thresholds
- View Design
- The Advanced Alert Manager; Alert Definitions and Alert Actions
- The Basics of Creating Alerts
- Creating an Alert Schema; Set Theory and SQL Queries
- Setting 'Per Element' Thresholds for SAM
- Setting 'Per Element' Thresholds for NPM
Groups and Dependencies
- Event Correlation and Root Cause
- Creating Dependencies
- Creating and Populating Groups
- Sending e-mails and Logging Alerts
- Alert Escalation Policies
- Interface Status
- Launching External Programs; NCM Active Response
- Launching Scripts
- Installation and Configuration
- Linking to Orion Alert Sources
- Linking to other Alert Sources
- Users and Groups
- Alert Escalation Rules