You are required to have your own PC or laptop with an internet connection and a headset (with a microphone if possible) to attend this course.
Slack is a revolutionary collaboration tool, changing communication in the modern workplace. This app brings together your team’s people, communication and content in a single interface.
This half-day course is aimed at anyone who needs to work with Slack to communicate with their colleagues.
The course is focused on the free version of Slack and will use the web version.
Virtual Training using WebEx Meeting Software accessible from your desktop or laptop using a headset with microphone.
Sessions are fully interactive and will require each delegate to have their own PC or laptop and a headset (with a microphone if possible).
An internet connection is also required, along with a modern browser (Slack will only work on what they deem to be modern – Internet Explorer is not supported at all. Full details of the specification can be found here)
Before attending this course, students must be able to:
- Use Microsoft Office and Outlook 2007-2019 to a basic level
- Navigate through Windows files and folders
- Send a basic instant message
Delegates will learn how to:
- Navigate around Slack
- Use the Conversation Tools
- Send private, direct messages
- Share files
- Make voice and video calls
- Customise Slack to individual preferences
- Search Slack for information and people
Module 1: Introducing Slack
- Understanding the purpose of Slack and the different versions
Module 2: Logging into Slack
- Navigating around Slack
- Becoming familiar with common terms in Slack
Module 3: Conversations and Meetings
- Holding Conversations
- Direct messages
- Sharing Files
- Voice and Video Calls
Module 4: Customising Slack
Module 5: Search for Information
- Searching for messages and people
QA reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of its customers without notice to the customer.