“From all negative situations is the potential for a positive outcome.”
Karen Mc Dermott – Australian Author
Effective working relationships form the cornerstone for success and satisfaction with your work and personal life. In a busy day it is easy to lose sight of the impact you have on outcomes with others or take the time to think about how much more you could achieve if each interaction was a productive, positive one.
People who attend this half-day session often ask us:
- I’m dealing with a difficult colleague and the outcome is critical. How do I ensure a positive outcome?
- I’m frustrated with the results I’m getting with a client. What can I do to change this?
- How do I work more effectively with my peers?
- What tools can help me to create productive and positive results?
In this session we will look at how you can create positive outcomes in all aspects of your life. This session looks at what motivates you and others and how to deal with conflict situations. It will help you establish and maintain positive working relationships, cope with conflict and create positive outcomes in your interactions with colleagues and your team. You will also gain insights into how others perceive you.
We use the Strength Deployment Inventory® (SDI®) tool as a basis for the session. It will provide you with valuable insights into your own Motivational Value System™ (MVS™) and how to recognise the MVS™ of others and deal with conflict.
This half-day session is suitable for anyone who wants to create positive outcomes in their interactions with others.
You will learn how to:
- Assess your motivational preferences and recognise how they impact on our external behaviours
- Look at what motivates other people and discuss what it means for your perception of others and theirs of you
- Recognise the advantages and disadvantages of your own MVS™ in relation to your role and the outcomes you are expected to achieve
- Identify how will you use and manage your MVS™ to support your performance and deliver results
- Develop productive approaches to dealing with others when in conflict
- Develop an action plan to create positive outcomes
- Understanding behaviour to create positive outcomes
- Understanding conflict to create positive outcomes
- Create an action plan to create positive outcomes