“I think unconscious bias is one of the hardest things to get at.”
Ruth Bader Ginsberg - American judge
Recognising and managing unconscious bias is key to business and organisational success. Evidence increasingly demonstrates that individuals who recognise their own biases and effectively challenge others, help to create a fair and inclusive environment in which people are free to be at their best.
Equally, understanding more about unconscious bias, where it comes from and how we can reduce it, helps all of us work more effectively within today’s diverse organisations.
People who attend this ½ day session often ask us:
- How do I recognise my own biases?
- How do I help others realise they have biases too?
- What can I do to reduce unconscious bias in my workplace?
This ½ day session is suitable for anyone who wants to raise their self-awareness of unconscious bias, how it can affect relationships and what they can do to tackle it.
You will learn how to:
- Define unconscious bias and its impact in the workplace
- Explain how unconscious bias originates in the brain
- Identify common types of unconscious bias
- Be able to spot unconscious bias in yourself and others
- Identify how to appropriately tackle unconscious bias in yourself and others
What will the course cover?
- What is unconscious bias?
- Why does unconscious bias happen?
- Why do we need to be aware of unconscious bias?
- Spotting unconscious bias
- Tackling unconscious bias
- Personal action planning