“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure”
About this course
Having clear objectives gives everyone a fighting chance to achieving them; however in many roles it is hard to identify clear measurements of success. We all need direction to ensure that our efforts are being applied effectively and to fuel our motivation.
This session takes you through a structured process associated with objective setting, managing people and prioritising in the workplace. It is a powerful practice that can ignite enthusiasm and provide a real structure to our work.
This ½ day session is suitable for anyone who wants to understand what objectives are and why they are important to individuals and organisations as a basis for increased performance and recognition. It will provide you with the tools and techniques that are easily applied back in the workplace.
- Explain the nature and purpose of objectives
- Outline the benefits of setting objectives
- Recognise where objectives come from
- Draft SMART objectives that are relevant for you
- Conduct performance reviews effectively
- Deliver concise feedback assertively
- Delegate to maximise impact
What will the course cover?
- Defining objectives and goal setting
- SMART objectives
- Feedback skills
- Delegation and planning