“Coaching is a management behaviour that lies at the opposite end of the spectrum to control and command.”
John Whitmore - British author
In today’s competitive environment the pressure on managers is to get the best out of people and ensure the success of the product delivery – one way of achieving this is through coaching. Coaching is extremely cost effective and reaps great rewards, providing the coach understands the process and obtains the necessary skills.
People who attend this half-day session often ask us:
- I need to coach my employees, but I don’t know where to start?
- How can I use coaching to increase my team’s performance?
- A team member is not performing, how do I address the issue?
- How can I improve my coaching skills?
This session will improve your understanding of coaching and performance, develop your coaching skills, enable you to use the appropriate coaching style and improve your coaching conversations.
This half-day session is suitable for all levels and is ideal for anyone who wishes to enhance their coaching skills.
You will learn how to:
- Explore how coaching is linked to performance
- Define coaching and understand what it means to be an effective coach
- Enhance your skills as a coach
- Use the appropriate style to coach
- Improve your coaching conversations
- Develop an action plan to develop your coaching skills
- Performance and coaching
- Coaching skills (rapport, listening, questioning, feedback)
- Coaching styles
- The coaching conversation (GROW model)
- Action plan