A perfect security storm is brewing with the shortage of security professionals and the additional vulnerabilities with IoT enabled infrastructures. “Securing Industrial IoT Networks with Cisco Technologies” (ISECIN) aims to narrow this talent gap and upskill security professionals to secure and defend critical IoT enabled infrastructures such as utilities, transportation and smart cities.
This course provides an overview of the IoT enabled industrial verticals (manufacturing, energy, O&G, utilities, process control), architectures, and IIoT security requirements, frameworks, and regulations. Security protocols, vulnerabilities, and the process of securing against the vulnerabilities are examined in depth and practiced in the hands-on lab environment.
It is highly recommended to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- IP Networking Basics: !, ICND1 equivalent
- OT Networking Basics: ICINS, !CI-IMINS or !CI-IMINS2
- Network Security Basics: IINS or CCNA Security equivalent
Delegates will learn how to
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the convergent enterprise and industrial IoT architecture, components and applications
- Contrast enterprise IT vs. industrial OT security
- Define layered security requirements from the network edge to the core, and from access to applications layer
- Protect endpoints, communications as well as data at rest and in motion
- Compliance to standards and regulations and auditing
- Understand protocols, applications and IPv6 for IIoT
- Identify vulnerabilities and threat
- Familiarize with common implementation issues
- Assess, monitor and detect vulnerabilities
- Walk through IIoT attacks
- Adopt best practices in design principles and process for securing and segmenting IIoT networks
- Application of the converged security model for the broader industry: manufacturing, utilities, transportation, O&G
- Secure and monitor/detect the IIoT framework with next generation security products and tools
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.