This highly interactive Scrum Alliance course explores the inseparable concerns of work creation, work planning and benefit realisation. You will gain hands-on experience with a range of techniques used by some of the most forward-thinking and productive teams in industry today.
This is a two day course (or it can be spread out over several days). All instruction is face-to-face and on premise. Students are assessed throughout so there is no standardised final assessment.
This course is for beginners as well as for experienced practitioners. Both will benefit from the simulations and first-hand experience with product development.
This course requires courage, an open mind and focus.
The aim of this course is to provide you with a deep understanding of the differences between traditional business analysis and project management approaches and the approaches advocated by the authors of the Manifesto for Agile Software Development and its proponents. The course places special emphasis on working with distributed teams, software quality and technical excellence. The concepts are explored through hands-on simulations where you can test the ideas in a controlled environment.
What will you learn?
You will learn how to shape and welcome change, even late in development and how to harness that change to your competitive advantage. You will gain insight into:
- Planning and project design for resilience
- Behaviour Driven Development tools and techniques
- User Story workshops and Product Backlog refinement
- Creating a shared and compelling product vision
- Collaborative estimation and analysis techniques
- Prioritisation techniques
- Scrum roles, events and artefacts
- Maintaining transparency and collaborative design
- Communication across distributed teams
- Using empiricism in project tracking and reporting
- Techniques to protecting cost, time, quality and scope
This course provides insights into product development and planning. To explore coaching, servant-leadership and change management in a software context we offer the Certified ScrumMaster course. To explore Scrum in domains other than software development we offer the Certified Business Agility Coaching course. To explore Extreme Programing, Software Craftsmanship and Lean Software Development we offer the Certified Scrum Developer. Visit our website to see more related courses.