This is a cut-down, fast paced version of the 2 day WebIntelligence Report Design course.
To be successful, delegates should have
- a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Access and/or
- a basic understanding of SAP BusinessObjects.
- Define the role of universes, classes, objects, measures, dimensions and Details.
- Construct queries using pre-defined and ad-hoc conditions.
- Format reports.
- Manipulate data by applying filters, sorts, breaks calculations and ranking.
- Create cross tabular and financial reports.
- Generate and modify Charts.
- Analyse data at different levels of Detail.
- Logging into InfoView
- Organising documents
- Opening a document
- Refreshing a document
- Saving a document
- Closing a document
- Scheduling a document
- Viewing a scheduled document
- Logging out of InfoView
Querying the Database via the Universe
- Creating a query
- Editing a query
- Applying a pre-defined query filter
- Creating an ad-hoc query filter
- Filtering on Dates
- Prompting for data
- Using quick filters
- Filtering on Wildcards
- Using multiple conditions
- Workshop - querying the database via the Universe
Selecting the Correct Presentation Style
- Creating a vertical table
- Creating a horizontal table
- Creating a cross tab
- Editing a cross tab
- Creating a form
- Creating a Chart
- Converting a table into a Chart
- Creating Multiple blocks
- Workshop - selecting the correct presentation style
Managing Data Sources
Creating multiple queries using the same data source(s)
- Creating a report within an existing document
- Moving a report within an existing document
- Editing a block
- Formatting a table
- Formatting a Chart
- Formatting a section
- Formatting a cell
- Workshop - formatting reports
Applying Functions & Sections
- Manipulating breaks
- Applying calculations
- Using sorts
- Applying a ranking
- Manipulating filters
- Creating master/detail reports
- Workshop -applying functions and sections
Creating Variables, Formaulas & Alerters
- Creating a formula
- Converting a formula into a variable
- Editing a variable
- Deleting a variable
- Creating an alerter
- Workshop- creating formulas, variables and alerters
Drilling Through Data
- Using drill down
- Using drill Across
- Using drill by
- Using drill through
- Saving a snapshot Analysis
- Drilling on a Chart
- Workshop - drilling through data