In order to attend any Red Hat course or exam, you will need to provide us with your uniqueue Red Hat Network ID. Bookings will not be confirmed without this. If you do not have a Red Hat Network ID you can create one by clicking here.
Red Hat® Virtualization (RH319) teaches experienced system administrators how to use the virtualization features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® managed through the Red Hat Virtualization suite.
Students acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux virtual machines hosted on either dedicated Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor nodes or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Red Hat Virtualization Manager. With hands-on labs and a deep dive into the technology, this training course is the perfect first step for enterprise planning or executing a virtualization deployment strategy.
This course also helps candidates prepare for the Red Hat Virtualization Administrator exam (EX318), which, if passed, earns them the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Virtualization
- IT professionals interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification
Prerequisites for this course
IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Virtualization platform
- Configure Red Hat Virtualization environment (datacenters, clusters, and storage domains)
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot virtual machines (servers and desktops)
- Create virtual machine snapshots and explore high-availability options
- Use templates for rapid virtual machine deployment
- Secure Red Hat Virtualization environment with multilevel administrative roles
- Monitor and create custom reports
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to improve efficency within a virtualization environmnet. Expected results include reducing IT infrastructure costs by virtualizing more workloads on less hardware while avoiding vendor lock-in. This class will train virtualization administrators to work more efficiently by using Red Hat Virtualization to deploy, manage, and monitor virtualization environments. Doing so will result in faster response times for users requesting and using virtualized resources.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to create and deploy virtual servers and workstations. Using a single full-service management interface, Red Hat Virtualization Manager, students will be able to configure, manage, and migrate systems within the virtualization environment.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Deploy Red Hat Virtualization
- Configure, install, and deploy virtual machines
- Migrate virtual machines between hypervisor hosts
- Perform troubleshooting tasks
- Secure and monitor the virtualizaton environment
- Generate custom operational, environment, and resource reports
Red Hat Virtualization overview
Understand general virtualization, KVM concepts, and Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization platform.
Red Hat Virtualization Manager
Install, test, remove, and troubleshoot Red Hat Virtualization Manager.
Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor
Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor.
Red Hat Virtualization environment configuration
Create and configure datacenters, clusters, storage domains, and logical networks.
Red Hat Virtualization for Servers
Install, perform basic management of, and troubleshoot virtual servers and images.
Red Hat Virtualization for Desktops
Install virtual desktops and configure paravirtualized drivers
Virtual machine templates
Create Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with template images.
Pools and users
Use pools and deploy the user portal with multilevel administrative roles.
Monitoring and reports
Monitor Red Hat Virtualization and create custom reports.
Advanced Red Hat Virtualization
Back up and restore Red Hat Virtualization; CLI and API interfaces.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts
Manage virtual machines with Red Hat Network.
Migration and high availability
Migrate a virtual machine and explore high availability
Apply the performance objectives learned throughout the course