QA has been awarded the Red Hat Training Reseller of the Year 2020 for the EMEA region
In order to attend any Red Hat course or exam, you will need to provide us with your unique Red Hat Network ID. Bookings will not be confirmed without this. If you do not have a Red Hat Network ID you can create one by clicking here. If you attend a virtual event, Red Hat will email you directly a Connectivity Test link one week before the course starts to ensure you have the correct access for the training.
Manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
Red Hat® CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) is for cloud administrators and operators who need to use Red Hat CloudForms to manage cloud instances running on multiple cloud providers or virtualization infrastructures.
This course is based on Red Hat CloudForms 4 and includes the accompanying exam, Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220).
In this course, students use a hybrid environment, configuring Red Hat CloudForms to work with Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, deploy virtual machines (VMs) with templates and customization, produce chargeback reports on VM and resource use and automations, and perform policy-based management. This course covers CloudForms tenants, interface customization, timeline and event analysis, and service provisioning.
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220) and earn the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management.
- IT professionals with Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)-level skills
- System and VM administrators seeking to manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
- System and VM administrators who already have a cloud deployment seeking to simplify management
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent system administration skills
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, vSphere, or Amazon EC2 is helpful, but not required
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Delegates will learn how to
Course content summary
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms 4
- Define regions, zones, tenants, users, groups, and roles
- Provision and manage VMs
- Generate reports and cloud information from CloudForms analytics
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms alerts
- Automate tasks with CloudForms
- Manage service catalogs
- Use Ansible by Red Hat with CloudForms to automate system configuration
Connect to CloudForms providers
Connect CloudForms to infrastructure, cloud, and network providers.
Create tenants, users, and tags for CloudForms management.
Provision virtual machines
Provision virtual machines (VMs) using CloudForms.
Manage resource policies
Implement CloudForms control and compliance policies.
Generate CloudForms reports
Display information on VMs and their resource use.
Manage the CloudForms lifecycle
Manage CloudForms lifecycle events.
Analyze metrics with CloudForms Intelligence
Use CloudForms Intelligence metrics to analyze infrastructure utilization.
Configure CloudForms alerts
Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
Automate tasks in Cloud
FormsExecute CloudForms automations to speed up delivery.
Manage catalogs and order services from a catalog.
CloudForms automation with Ansible
Automate CloudForms deployment with Ansible Tower by Red Hat.