In order to attend any Red Hat course or exam, you will need to provide us with your unique Red Hat Network ID. Bookings will not be confirmed without this. If you do not have a Red Hat Network ID you can create one by clicking here. If you attend a virtual event, Red Hat will email you directly a Connectivity Test link one week before the course starts to ensure you have the correct access for the training.
Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management is a performance-based certificate exam. Individuals who earn the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management have demonstrated the skills and knowledge to deploy and manage a virtualization infrastructure using Red Hat CloudForms.
Holders of the Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management are able to perform the following tasks:
- Deploy Red Hat CloudForms
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms to connect to one or more virtualization providers
- Use Red Hat CloudForms to perform management tasks for virtual systems
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Delegates will learn how to
To help you prepare, review the exam objectives, which highlight the task areas you can expect to see on the exam.
Being able to manage Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine (CFME) requires some level of skill with one or more of the underlying cloud and virtualization technologies supported by CFME. In order to provide a defined and manageable scope for the exam, the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management exam is based on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Management, one of the several that CFME supports.
Therefore, you should also be able to perform these ancillary tasks with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Management:
- Import virtual machine template images into a pre-configured Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Management environment
- Import ISO image files and template VM images into Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Management
- Create virtual machine images from templates and customize various attributes of the virtual machine
You will not be directly evaluated on your ability to perform those ancillary tasks, but the inability to do so will prevent you from being able to perform the actual exam tasks, which include:
- Perform initial CloudForms management engine configuration via virtual machine console
- Add Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization as a cloud service provider
- Configure basic CFME settings
- Create new CFME roles
- Add CFME users and groups
- Create and apply smart tags
- Configure CFME to be able to provision virtual systems via all supported mechanisms
- Use CFME to provision virtual systems
- Configure control policies
- Configure chargeback reporting
- Configure reporting
- Perform drift analyses
- Configure alerts
- Configure life cycle management provisioning request default values
- Save the output from reporting and analyses in an external format that can be parsed by other tools