In order to attend any Red Hat course or exam, you will need to provide us with your unique Red Hat Network ID. Bookings will not be confirmed without this. If you do not have a Red Hat Network ID you can create one by clicking here. If you attend a virtual event, Red Hat will email you directly a Connectivity Test link one week before the course starts to ensure you have the correct access for the training.
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) tests candidates' knowledge, skills, and ability to use Red Hat products, including Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Satellite Server, to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) who passes this exam will earn a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise that also counts towards earning Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
This exam is based on Red Hat Satellite 6.
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Delegates will learn how to
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas students can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
- Install Red Hat Satellite Server from an ISO image
- Create and configure organizations and locations
- Create and configure Red Hat Satellite users and roles
- Create GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) keys to sign RPMs
- Create and configure development life cycles
- Create a Puppet product repository
- Configure Red Hat Satellite subscriptions, content, and content views
- Install a Red Hat Satellite capsule server using an ISO image
- Build a custom RPM from a source tarball
- Create a Red Hat Satellite activation key
- Create a Red Hat Satellite host group
- Define smart class parameters for a Puppet module
- Register an existing client to a Red Hat Satellite server
- Apply errata to client
- Configure bare-metal deployment on Red Hat Satellite
- Deploy clients using kick starts
Prerequisites for this exam
Exam candidates should:
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrators (RHCSA®) or have equivalent experience and skills; being a RHCE recommended.
- Have taken Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course or have equivalent experience.
- Review the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) objectives.