- Knowledge on Core Java or any enterprise programming language
Who should attend
Delegates will learn how to
This intensive three day, instructor-led course in RabbitMQ provides a deep dive into how to install, configure, and develop applications which leverage RabbitMQ messaging. The course begins with RabbitMQ installation and general configuration. It continues with developing messaging applications using the Java APIs, and delves into more advanced topics including clustering, high availability, performance, and security. Modules are accompanied by lab exercises that provide hands-on experience.
At the end of the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Install and configure RabbitMQ
- Activate and use plugins such as the web management console
- Implement messaging patterns and applications using the Java client
- Set up a cluster of RabbitMQ nodes
- Configure high availability appropriately
- Tune and optimize RabbitMQ for better performance
- Secure RabbitMQ
1. INTRODUCTION TO MESSAGING AND AMQP
- Benefts of messaging and asynchronous systems
- Why JMS isn’t enough
- Introduction to AMQP
- RabbitMQ case studies
2. RABBITMQ INSTALLATION
- Product description and main capabilities
- Installation, directory structure, and configuration
- Durability with the Mnesia database
- Basic administration
- Web management console
- Multitenancy with virtual hosts
- Logging with the firehose tracer
3. DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION
- Clients (Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Focus on the Java client
- Publishing and consuming messages
- Managing AMQP resources
- AMQP routing with exchanges and queues
- Higher level abstractions (Spring AMQP & Integration, Pika)
- Messaging patterns
4. RELIABLE MESSAGING DEVELOPMENT
- Durable queues and exchanges
- Persistent messages
- AMQP and JMS transactions
- AMQP acknowledgments
- Dead lettering
- Multiple transactional resources
- Scalable messaging architecture through clustering
- Creating a cluster
- Disk vs. RAM nodes
- Administration of a cluster
- Network partitions
6. HIGH AVAILABILITY
- Cluster node failures and consequences
- Mirrored queues
- Slave synchronization
- Client failover handling
- RabbitMQ plugins introduction
- LDAP authentication
- Shovel vs federation
- Impacts of configuration and client code options on performance
- Flow control
- Best practices
- Virtual hosts, users, and access control
- Secured communication
10. OPERATIONS AND MONITORING
- Disk, firewall, heartbeat tuning
- Management API
- Support for third-party monitoring tools
11. SPRING AMQP (OPTIONAL)
- Introduction to Spring
- Spring AMQP overview
- Spring’s AMQP template
- Configuring AMQP Resources using Spring
- Sending and receiving messages
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.