Official Oracle Curriculum
This course will be applicable for customers who have implemented Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, 12.1 or R12.2
This R12.2 Oracle Subledger Accounting Fundamentals Ed 1 training teaches you about the rule-based accounting engine, toolset and repository that supports Oracle E-Business Suite modules. Expert Oracle University instructors will begin with with an overview of Subledger Accounting key concepts and terminology.
- Create and modify the setup for subledger journal entries and application accounting definitions for Oracle subledger applications.
- Create journal entries and transfer them to General Ledger.
- Inquire and report on subledger journal entries.
- Understand how Oracle Subledger Accounting integrates with the Oracle eBusiness Suite applications.
- Understand the major features of Oracle Subledger Accounting.
- Use Accounting Methods Builder (AMB) to create and modify subledger journal line setups and application accounting definitions.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, you'll get a chance to deep dive into implementation considerations for setting up and using Oracle Subledger Accounting. You'll walk away with the knowledge to use the Create Accounting program and the Transfer Journal Entries to General Ledger program to create and transfer journal entries to the general ledger.
Create Subledger Accounting Entries
Furthermore, taking this course will also help you develop an understanding of how to create subledger accounting entries. You'll learn how to compare subledger journal entry information and view subledger journal entry headers and lines.
Inquire & Report on Subledger Journal Entries
You'll learn to inquire and report on subledger journal entries, accounting events and general ledger balances. Spend time drilling down to the underlying transactions, while learning to generate the Journal Entries report.
The course also touches on some of the more advanced options, like custom sources, business flows, multiperiod accounting, sequences and the diagnostic framework.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Payables
- R12.x Oracle Payables Management Fundamentals
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting principles
Delegates will learn how to
- Define journal line types and definitions
- Understand the process for building application accounting definitions
- Define account derivation rules
- Create copies of seeded definitions and customize them
- Create and transfer journal entries by using the Create Accounting program
- Transfer eligible journal entries to General Ledger by using the Transfer Journal Entries to General Ledger program
- Create subledger journal entries
- Use the Transaction and Accounting chart of accounts
- Define supporting references and perform inquiries on supporting reference balance
- Perform inquiries on General Ledger account balances, accounting events, journal entries, and journal entry lines based on multiple selection criteria
- View error information about accounting events and journal entries
- Set up and copy business flows
- Understand multiple accounting representations for reporting currencies and secondary ledgers
- Use the diagnostic framework to review the journal entries created by the Subledger Accounting program
- Define subledger accounting methods
- Understand the integration of Oracle Subledger Accounting with other Oracle eBusiness applications
- R12.2.3 E-Business Suite
Overview of Subledger Accounting
- What Is Subledger Accounting?
- Introduction to Subledger Accounting
- What Is a Subledger?
Create Accounting and Transfer Journal Entries to General Ledger
- Create Accounting Program Overview
- Draft Accounting and Online Accounting
- Straight-Through Accounting
- Transfer Journal Entries to GL Program Overview
- Transfer Journal Entries to General Ledger Program
- Accounting Events Inquiry Process
- Viewing Subledger Journal Entry Lines
- Subledger Journal Entry Lines Inquiry Process
- Drilldown from GL
Accounting Methods Builder (AMB)
- Accounting Methods Builder (AMB) Overview
- AMB Process
- Copy and Modify Functionality
- Transaction Chart of Accounts
- Accounting Chart of Accounts
- Application Accounting Definition
- Subledger Accounting Reports Overview
- Custom Parameters
- Journal Entries Report
- Subledger Period Close Exceptions Report
Creating Manual Subledger Journal Entries
- Subledger Journal Entries Overview
- Creating Subledger Journal Entries
- Reviewing and Completing Subledger Journal Entries
- Duplicating Subledger Journal Entries
- Custom Sources
- Business Flows
- Multiperiod Accounting
- Accrual Reversals
- Diagnostic Framework Overview
- Journal Entry Sequencing