The ProxySG 7.3 Administration with Secure Web Gateway course provides a detailed exploration of the Symantec Secure Web Gateway family of network protection products.
It is primarily focused on the ProxySG and its role in providing security and web filtering services, but also includes integrations with Management Center, Reporter, Web Isolation, Content Analysis, and Cloud solutions.
Who Should Attend?
The ProxySG 7.3 Administration with Secure Web Gateway course is intended for students who wish to master the fundamentals of Symantec’s ProxySG-based Secure Web Gateway solution.
It is designed for students who have not taken any previous Symantec network protection training courses.
This course assumes that students have a basic understanding of networking concepts, such as local-area networks (LANs), the Internet, security, and IP protocols.
Delegates will learn how to
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the major functions of the ProxySG as a secure web gateway
• Understand how network security and administrative tasks are enhanced by integrating the ProxySG with the other members of the Symantec Secure Web Gateway family
Module 1: Introduction to the Symantec Secure Web Gateway
• Overview of the Symantec Secure Web Gateway family of products
• Introduction to the ProxySG, including key features, SGOS, the Global Intelligence Network, and management consoles
Module 2: Intercept traffic and apply policy
• Proxy services
• Writing policies in the Visual Policy Manager
Module 3: Apply security and web usage policy to encrypted traffic
• Key components of SSL encryption
• Managing SSL traffic with the ProxySG Integrating the SSL Visibility Appliance
Module 4: Provide security and web usage policies based on role or group
• Authentication on the ProxySG
• Authentication realms, credentials, and modes
Module 5: Enforce corporate guidelines for acceptable Internet browsing behavior
• Determine appropriate use guidelines
• Write appropriate use policies
Module 6: Protect the endpoint from malicious activity
• Writing security policies using threat risk levels
• Ensuring safe downloads
Module 7: Centrally manage, monitor, and report on security activity
• Using Management Center to manage ProxySGs
• Using the SG Admin Console
Module 8: Maintaining the ProxySG, Management Center, and Reporter for optimal performance
• Monitoring the ProxySG within Management Center
• Using built-in health checks on devices
Module 9: Prevent malware and phishing threats while allowing broad web access
• Symantec Web Isolation fundamentals
• Isolation options for protecting privileged users and defending against phishing attacks
• Authentication in explicit and transparent proxy modes
Module 10: Enhance security by adding virus scanning and sandboxing with Content Analysis
• Virus scanning and sandboxing with Content Analysis
• Scanning best practices
Module 11: Expand security capabilities with cloud integrations
• Integrating Web Security Service
• Integrating CloudSOC Audit
Module 12: Course review
• Generating reports in Reporter
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.