The ProxySG 6.7 Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course provides a structured approach to diagnosing and solving common troubleshooting issues related to ProxySG deployments.
The course will emphasize handson experience, with extensive opportunities to build competency in the use of the powerful diagnostic tools available on the ProxySG.
Who Should Attend?
The ProxySG 6.7 Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course is intended for students who wish to gain familiarity with ProxySG troubleshooting techniques and tools.
This course assumes that students have completed the ProxySG 6.7 Basic and Advanced Administration courses.
Delegates will learn how to
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the troubleshooting methodology as recommended by Symantec.
• Diagnose and solve a variety of access and performance issues using tools such as sysinfo files, packet captures, and policy traces.
Module 1: ProxySG Secure Web Gateway— Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Overview
• Brief review of the ProxySG-based Secure Web Gateway solution
• Overview of common issues related to internal resources, external dependencies, SSL interception, and policy efficiency
Module 2: Exploring Sysinfo Files
• Description of how to generate sysinfo files and what information they contain
• Using sysinfo files as a key tool in diagnosing troubleshooting issues
Module 3: Troubleshooting Issues Related to Authentication
• Methods for diagnosing and solving issues related to authentication, focusing on IWA direct and IWA BCAAA realms.
• Includes issues related to surrogate credentials and Schannel congestion
Module 4: Troubleshooting Issues Related to DNS
• Methods for diagnosing and solving issues related to DNS lookups
• Includes both forward and reverse DNS lookups, and DNS imputing
Module 5: Troubleshooting SSL Interception Issues
• Methods for diagnosing and solving issues related to SSL interception
• Includes connection and performance issues
Module 6: Troubleshooting Performance Issues Related to Policy Efficiency
• Methods for optimizing performance through tips for creating more efficient policies
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.