The Protecting Against Malware Threats with Cisco AMP for Endpoints (SSFAMP) v5.1 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco® AMP for Endpoints, a next-generation endpoint security solution that prevents, detects, and responds to advanced threats. Through expert instruction and hands-on lab exercises, you will learn how to implement and use this powerful solution through a number of step-by-step attack scenarios. You’ll learn how to build and manage a Cisco AMP for Endpoints deployment, create policies for endpoint groups, and deploy connectors. You will also analyze malware detections using the tools available in the AMP for Endpoints console.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Technical understanding of security concepts and protocols
Delegates will learn how to
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the key components and methodologies of Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Recognize the key features and concepts of the AMP for Endpoints product
- Navigate the AMP for Endpoints console interface and perform first-use setup tasks
- Identify and use the primary analysis features of AMP for Endpoints
- Use the AMP for Endpoints tools to analyze a compromised host
- Describe malware terminology and recognize malware categories
- Analyze files and events by using the AMP for Endpoints console and be able to produce threat reports
- Use the AMP for Endpoints tools to analyze a malware attack and a Zero Access infection
- Configure and customize AMP for Endpoints to perform malware detection
- Create and configure a policy for AMP-protected endpoints
- Plan, deploy, and troubleshoot an AMP for Endpoints installation
- Describe the AMP Representational State Transfer (REST) API and the fundamentals of its use
- Describe all the features of the Accounts menu for both public and private cloud installations
This class will help you:
- Learn how to deploy and manage Cisco AMP for Endpoints
- Succeed in today’s high-demand security operations roles
- Introduction to Cisco AMP Technologies
- AMP for Endpoints Overview and Architecture
- Console Interface and Navigation
- Using AMP for Endpoints
- Detecting an Attacker — A Scenario
- Modern Malware
- Analysis Case Studies
- Outbreak Control
- Endpoint Policies
- AMP REST API
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.