Whilst realising project management methodologies, tools and techniques are important, a Project and Programme Manager should be aware they are uniquely placed to make a positive or negative impact. This is where leadership skills and behaviours become critical - The Project and Programme Manager must continuously develop effective leadership and behavioural skills and employ them as needed during the project cycle and in an environment without the benefit of formal leadership authority.
If you are interested in growing your career as a Project and/or Programme Manager, and perhaps using your unique insights and skills in broader and higher management roles, it is critical for you to focus on building your skills as a leader.
This course is designed for those who are involved in leading projects and programmes or have aspirations to develop their career into this field.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand your communication approach as well as how you can adaptyour style to improve relationships
- understand the skills you require within your project but also the dynamics to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of team members
- understand what leadership style should be exercised at all levels within a project
- use the right conflict management approach to deal with different conflict situations
- understand how to negotiate to get results without damaging relationships
- understand the scope of your responsibilities to implement and conform to HR policies and procedures including any legislative obligations
- understand what professionalism and ethics mean to you.
What will the course cover?
- Understanding your communication approach as well as how you can adapt your style.
- Team working.
- Conflict management.
- People management/Human Resource management.
- Professionalism and ethics.