This course focuses on the tasks and procedures for performing regular maintenance and support of the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Center installation. The classroom lab provides a safe training environment for students to download software, install filesystem components and database components, utilize server tools, and troubleshoot problems with the guidance of an experienced instructor.
- PPM 9.x Essentials
- PPM 9.x Advanced
This course is recommended for anyone responsible for maintaining the integrity of a PPM Center system, installing upgrades, or performing PPM maintenance.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the PPM Center architecture, including a basic understanding of the PPM Center data model
- Install PPM Center from the install package
- Configure and start the PPM server
- Identify the database and log file mainteance procedures for keeping PPM Center running smoothly
- Recognize the issues involved and solutions available for managing multiple PPM Center instances, including migrating configurations between these instances
- Customize the look and feel of the PPM Center interface
- Explain the advanced system setup options available and recommend them as needed within your organization
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course objectives
- Topic outline
- Students' responsibilities
- Instructor's responsibilities
- Miscellaneous items
- Class introductions
Module 2: PPM Application Architecture
- System architecture
- Available system configuration options
- Authentication process
Module 3: Installing PPM Center
- Hardware and software system requirements
- Installing the PPM Center
Module 4: Configuring the PPM Server
- Key server parameters
- Server Configuration Wizard
- Starting and stopping the server
- Basic troubleshooting
Module 5: Installing the PPM Center Client
- Client components of the PPM Workbench interface
- Uninstalling the PPM Center Workbench components from a client machine
- Testing and verifying install success
Module 6: System Maintenance
- PPM file system structure
- Basic maintenance routine on a PPM system
- Types of PPM logs and procedures for purging and archiving
- Using built-in server tools
- Backup and failover options
Module 7: Maintaining Multiple Instances
- Architecture of PPM migrators
- Configuring a content migration process
- Use PPM migrators to migrate configuration entities
Module 8: Customizing the PPM Center Standard Interface
- Different types of PPM Standard Interface Customizations
- Change the logo on the PPM standard interface
- Change the color scheme on the PPM standard interface
Module 9: Advanced System Setup Options
- Advanced system set up
- Benefits of using advanced system set up
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.