Who should take this course?
Programming Lightning Web Components is ideal for independent software vendors (ISVs) and web application developers who want to produce custom Lightning web components and applications that run in multiple Salesforce Experiences.
Delegates will learn how to
- Develop Lightning web components for use in many Salesforce Experiences
- Work in a modern Salesforce development environment using Visual Studio Code, Git, and the Salesforce CLI in conjunction with a Dev Hub and scratch orgs
- Communicate between Lightning web components using custom events, public methods, and pub-sub
- Read and write Salesforce data using wire service and imperative Apex
- Style Lightning web components with CSS and SLDS
- Create forms using standard components and custom controls
- Develop in a source-tracked org and deploy to non source-tracked orgs
- The Lightning Web Components Model
- Creating Lightning Web Components
- Styling Components
- Defining Component Properties
- Handling DOM Events
- Debugging Lightning Web Components
- Working with Salesforce Data
- Using Base Lightning Components
- Raising and Handling Events
- Advanced Communication Between Components
- Building Lightning Pages with Components and App Builder
- Building Components for Lightning Experience Record Pages
- Surfacing Lightning Web Components
- Overriding Standard Actions
- Defining a Lightning Application
- Using Lightning in Visualforce Pages with Lightning Out
- Other Supported Experiences
- Using lightning-vertical-navigation
- Using lightning-datatable
- Implementing Button Groups
- Building Responsive Layouts
- Creating a Custom, Responsive Datatable
- Defining Public Functions on Components
- Service Components and Toast Notifications
- Slots and Modal Notifications
- Renderers and Third-Party JS
- Implementing Forms
- Implementing Forms with Custom Controls
- Validating Input Data
- Viewing and Editing Salesforce Records
- Waiting for Server Requests to Complete
- Org Development Model and Deployments
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.