Programme and Project Support roles are becoming increasingly pivotal in their overall contribution to Programme and Project Management. For many years, the Project Management professionals who undertake these roles have been overlooked in terms of career development.
Please be aware, this course also provides 28 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
This course is recommended for those currently working in a PPSO or who plan to do so and who currently work in an IS environment.
- Delegates are advised that Photo ID must be brought to the examination (Driving License, Passport and named work ID badges are all acceptable). This is a BCS requirement and delegates will be turned away from the examination if ID is not produced.
- BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0) 1793 696162.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- appreciate the role of a PPSO
- understand Programme and Project organisation structures
- assist with estimating
- understand planning and assist in the development of plans
- understand Product Based Planning
- understand and assist in the development of schedules using Network Diagrams, Gantt Charts and Resource Histograms
- assist in identifying risks and the management of risks
- understand the principles of Configuration Management and Change Control
- assist with the management of programme and project documentation
- understand the principles of Monitoring, Control and Reporting
- prepare to successfully sit the BCS PPSO Foundation Certificate
- Role of PPSO
- Programme & Project Organisation Structures
- Planning Overview
- Product Based Planning
- Scheduling - Networks
- Scheduling - Gantt Charts & Resource Histograms
- Risk Management
- Change Control & Configuration Management
- Programme & Project Documentation
- Monitoring, Control and Reporting
- Project Initiation