Welcome to a new world of work!
Many of us are rapidly moving to homeworking as a result of Covid-19.
We all assume we’ll be in one camp or the other - either totally distracted and hopeless at it, or so focused we’ll work ourselves silly. The truth is you don’t want to be either. You need a good balance of work and wellbeing, and this takes self-discipline.
This highly participative workshop highlights key areas that will need your attention, and through discussion, ideas generation, problem solving, and practical tips and tools, you will be able to plan a successful approach to quickly being your own boss at home!
We will help you answer questions like:
- How will I stay motivated all day every day?
- Who is going to know whether I am doing a good job?
- How on earth will I manage all the distractions at home?
- What do I need to create a work space that works for me?
- There are plenty of tips out there, but your circumstances are unique to you. We will help you review your own situation and fine tune your self-management skills, so that you can maximise the benefits of working at home right now, for yourself and your business.
- Anyone, at any level, who is new to working at home
- Determine what successful home working means to you
- Use your existing strengths to help you create and manage your own new ways of working
- Identify your likely challenges and distractors, and plan how you’re going to tackle them
- Maximise communications with your manager, your support ‘tribe’ and your vital business community - staying engaged, motivated and recognised for your contribution, during this extraordinary time
- What does success look like for you?
- Deploying your strengths in a new way
- Your challenges
- Applying structure
- Motivation and communication
- Recognising your achievements
To help you get homeworking right for you, at the end of the workshop you will be given:
- A personal home working plan and review notebook
- Access to a range of hints and tips for further learning
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.